Recruiting a Freelance
Digital Marketing Advisory Consultant
VegFund, a U.S.-based nonprofit, empowers vegan activists worldwide by funding and supporting effective outreach activities that inspire individuals and communities to consider the adoption of plant-based diets and a vegan lifestyle. VegFund activists engage in a diverse range of outreach activities including 1) raising awareness about the extent and severity of animal exploitation and the harm attributable to human food systems, 2) educating the public about the contributions of plant-based diets to improved human health, and 3) sharing with people how adopting plant-based diets and vegan living is fundamental to environmental protection and climate change mitigation.
VegFund began its work in 2009 and in 2018 initiated a digital marketing effort to broaden its reach and contacts among vegan activists and also among advocates interested to financially support the widespread adoption of veganism and VegFund’s work. VegFund seeks a seasoned digital marketing consultant to assist VegFund’s Marketing and Communications Team to further these objectives. The consultant will provide up to 2 advisory hours per week for up to 12-36 months, focusing her work predominantly on improving the communications frequency and efficiency with contacts in VegFund’s client relationship management system, Hubspot.
The consultant will work with VegFund’s Digital Marketing and Communications Team Members on the following Scope of Work:
- Plan and execute creative “call to action” outreach strategies for VegFund’s contacts, predominantly using email and paid social media campaigns
- Segment and tag contact segments drawn from VegFund’s contact database, Hubspot
- Optimize up to 4 marketing campaign funnels and shape outreach content appropriate to VegFund’s mission per the selected demographics of contact segments
- Identify critical conversion and drop-off points for target contact segments
- Establish performance metrics, including return on investment and key performance indicators for all digital marketing campaigns and determine systematic methods to measure monthly results
- Establish a detailed content scheduling calendar to keep a regular and relevant flow of communications outreach to contact segments
- Re-orient marketing campaigns as needed from time to time to enhance effectiveness
- Advise on overall project management for digital marketing and social media activities.
Required experience and attitudes:
- At least 10 years of experience leading and coaching digital marketing teams
- Proficient in market research, contact segmentation strategies, communications frequency, statistical analysis and team advisory
- At least 5 years of experience with Hubspot, Asana and Google Analytics. Exposure to Data Studio
- Attest to leading a vegan lifestyle and demonstrate understanding of the benefits to society gained from vegan living
- Compensation at an hourly rate of up to US $130 per hour, based on qualifications and experience.
Vegan professionals interested in applying for the opportunity should submit a cover letter and resume to Vegan Jobs.
VegFund, a U.S-based, grant-making non-profit organization, supports vegan outreach globally by providing small grants for vegan activists and skills building events and activities.