CHEF / TRAINEE CHEF
There has never been a better time to join the Offbeet team. We opened the doors of our new restaurant at The Retreat New Forest (former East Close Hotel) in September 2021 and the feedback has been fantastic. We are now working on our second venue in Southsea and the relaunch of our Cookery School.
This role is at Offbeet The Retreat New Forest, take a look at our website and menu for more information about the food we offer. As a vegan establishment, we are striving to be one of the best vegan eateries in the World (we like to think big!). We are therefore looking for people with a passion for plant based cuisine.
Experience working in a professional kitchen will be beneficial but not essential as full training will be provided. All team members will be expected to take part in preparation, cleaning and serving tasks as required.
Hours of work – Full time (40 hours per week) and part time hours available. The restaurant is currently open for lunch (Saturday and Sunday) and evening meals (Thursday to Saturday) but we do hope to increase this as we grow our team. Therefore you will be required to work a variety of hours on a rotational basis, including weekends and bank holidays.
Your role will include:
- Assisting the team to setup and close the kitchen.
- Preparing food according to recipes and within deadlines.
- Maintaining the highest standards of hygiene.
- Cooking food to order during service.
- Stocktaking, ordering and cleaning schedules.
It would be awesome if you had these skills:
- An eye for detail to ensure the kitchen stays organised, clean and efficient.
- A love for plant based food and drink, bringing your own creative ideas to the team.
- A self starter with the ability to get jobs done efficiently and with little supervision.
- Commercially savvy – commercial awareness helps to identify waste, time management and profit opportunities.
In return for everything you bring to OFFBEET, we can offer you an exciting career path with plenty of opportunities along the way for progression. We also encourage all staff within the company to be involved in new projects, creativity work and getting as much experience as you can.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
Salary: Up to £10.50 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hinton BH23 7EF: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Restaurant: 1 year (preferred)
Application deadline: 31/05/2022
About Offbeet Ltd
UK based vegan restaurant, deli and cookery school with a restaurant near Christchurch in the New Forest and a deli / cafe soon to be open in Southsea, Portsmouth. Our cookery school is currently closed due to relocation, and is set to be relaunched late 2022.