There has never been a better time to join the Offbeet team. We opened the doors of our new restaurant at The Retreat New Forest (former East Close Hotel) in September 2021 and the feedback has been fantastic. We are now working on our second venue in Southsea and the relaunch of our Cookery School.
This role is at Offbeet The Retreat New Forest, take a look at our website and menu for more information about the food and drink we offer. As a vegan establishment, we are striving to be one of the best vegan eateries in the World (we like to think big!). We are therefore looking for people with a passion for plant based cuisine.
Experience working in a serving capacity, including bar work will be beneficial but not essential as full training will be provided. Excellent customer service skills highly desirable. All team members will be expected to take part in preparation and cleaning tasks as required.
Hours of work – Full time (40 hours per week) and part time hours available. The restaurant is currently open for lunch (Saturday and Sunday) and evening meals (Thursday to Saturday) but we do hope to increase this as we grow our team. Therefore you will be required to work a variety of hours on a rotational basis, including weekends and bank holidays.
Salary – We offer a competitive starting salary with scope for personal development and regular reviews.
Your role will include:
- Serving food and drink to customers, clearing and resetting tables.
- Taking customer orders, payments and bookings.
- Setting up and closing down the restaurant areas including daily, weekly and monthly cleaning duties.
- Barista duties – Dialling in espresso, maintaining equipment
Would be awesome if you had these skills:
- An eye for detail and creative flair to ensure the restaurant stays organised, clean and on brand.
- A love for plant based food and drink, bringing your own creative ideas to the team.
- A self starter with the ability to get jobs done efficiently and with little supervision.
- Commercially savvy – commercial awareness helps to identify waste, time management and profit opportunities.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 8-40 per week
Salary: Up to £10.50 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hinton BH23 7EF: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Full Service Servers: 1 year (preferred)
Application deadline: 31/05/2022
About Offbeet Ltd
UK based vegan restaurant, deli and cookery school with a restaurant near Christchurch in the New Forest and a deli / cafe soon to be open in Southsea, Portsmouth. Our cookery school is currently closed due to relocation, and is set to be relaunched late 2022.