About Plant Powered Metro New York
Plant Powered Metro New York (PPMNY) empowers our diverse local communities to find better health and overcome chronic illness with whole food, plant-based nutrition. Ample evidence shows that plant-powered eating can prevent and even reverse many of today’s common chronic diseases. Founded in March 2019, PPMNY offers evidence-based education, resources, and support to inspire meaningful change and improve health throughout the New York metropolitan area.
Mobilizing a community-driven movement, PPMNY stewards a grassroots network comprised of dozens of educators and volunteers hailing from NYC and its surrounding counties who work to:
- Raise awareness about the dramatic health benefits of eating predominantly whole plant foods.
- Build food and health literacy among the region’s diverse populations, through experiential programs that advance both knowledge and skills.
- Enable substantial dietary change toward tangible health improvements — and provide ongoing support for maintaining healthy habits.
- Promote a healthier regional food ecosystem.
While much of what we do is accessible and applicable to the general population, PPMNY focuses many of our partnerships and programs on three objectives:
- Advancing healthier and more dignified aging with nutrition.
- Reducing health disparities in Black and Hispanic populations.
- Advancing plant-based nutrition in healthcare as a transformative intervention.