Status: Permanent, Full-time, At-will, Exempt
Hours: 40 hours/week
Location: Home Office, India
Reports to: CEO
Preferred Starting date: As soon as possible
50by40 is a coalition of organizations dedicated to cutting the global production and consumption of animal products by 50% by 2040. Join our global team offering regional and international expertise on food systems, climate policy, and global and multi-sector engagement. We collaborate with partners and support their efforts in a broad swathe of sectors from vastly different backgrounds, yet wholly dedicated to their missions to improve food production and consumption.
How You Will Make a Difference
We seek a Communications Manager to work for the global initiative 50by40, which focuses on significantly reducing global animal product consumption. We are looking for a driven, outgoing, and results-focused individual who, first and foremost, is a talented communicator with an outgoing, positive, and professional attitude. As 50by40 is in the start-up phase, you will have the opportunity to help build the organization’s communications strategy.
- Develop, implement, and continuously improve the communications strategy for 50by40
- Generate public awareness and discourse around 50by40
- Oversee the creation of all print, online, and video materials for 50by40
- Manage communication channels, including social media, email newsletters, and media outreach
- Plan and coordinate workshops, talks, press conferences, and networking events
- Lead a multi-stakeholder communications group with 50by40 partners and strategic collaborators
- Act as liaison and build strong connections with relevant outlets and the media
- Ensure the creation of content-driven campaigns, delivering consistent and clear communication, including editing, copywriting, and proof-reading
- Create and manage an events calendar, exploring and proposing opportunities that may be beneficial to 50by40 and partners
- Experience in designing and delivering internal and external communications strategies.
- Significant experience of working in a senior-level communication role, including managing a team
- Experience in working at a strategic level within an external and internal communications environment
- Experience managing external communications channels, including social media, email, and traditional media
- Excellent written and verbal English skills; additional language skills are desirable
- Outstanding copywriting skills
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills with the ability to thrive in a team
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people, both in-person and online
- Project management and event planning experience
- Experience in the design and execution of marketing and public relations activities
- Experience in working with people from different backgrounds and a solid commitment to equal opportunities
- Self-starter with a curious nature and a drive to continuously improve
- A positive, proactive, and enthusiastic work attitude
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage time effectively
- Willingness to take over additional tasks as and when they arise
- Maintain professionalism at all times
- Experience working remotely within dispersed teams
- Understanding of effective altruism
- Knowledge of the innovations in food and the global food sector
- Strong motivation to support the plant-based movement and alignment of your values with those of 50by40
- 24,000 USD / Year
- Responsible PTO + Local Bank Holidays
- Flexible, trust-based working arrangements and home office arrangements
50by40 is committed to equal employment opportunities for all, regardless of race, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. People of color, minorities, women, people of all genders, people with disabilities, people from LGBTQIA+ communities, people of all age groups, and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are a global, collective impact organisation aiming to create a fair, healthy and compassionate food system. Our vision pursues a 50% reduction in the global production and consumption of farmed animal products by 2040, with the remaining production systems being environmentally and socially sustainable, regenerative and humane, achieved via a just transition of the farming system.
50by40 functions as a platform builder and network convener of partners, stakeholders, and rights-
holders from all sectors, movements and geographies without attempting to directly solve issues or replace any expertise on the respective foci of the stakeholders and rights-holders.