Term of Employment: Full-Time, At-Will, Exempt
Reports to: Director of Partnerships Development
Start Date: Mid-February 2021
Application Closing Date: 22 January 2021
50by40 is a coalition of organisations dedicated to cutting the global production and consumption of animal products by 50% by 2040. Join our global team offering regional and international expertise on food systems, climate policy, and global and multi-sector engagement. We collaborate with partners and support their efforts in a broad swathe of sectors, from vastly different backgrounds, yet wholly dedicated in their missions to improve the ways food is produced and consumed.
How You Will Make a Difference
50by40 seeks to hire a Coordinator within its Development team to support proposal submissions to our granting platform and manage 50by40’s donor intelligence process. 50by40 supports and implements a wide variety of programming with support from foundations and private donors to further our mission of 50% reduction of industrialised animal agriculture by 2040. Our grant-funded projects are implemented by our partners and harness the organisational, operational, technological, and financial landscape of an equitable transition of the global food system.
The Coordinator will play a key role in gathering and analysing donor intelligence to support partner engagement and support the creation of grant-funded projects.
Donor Intelligence: Develop and maintain 50by40’s donor intelligence and relationship management systems related to foundations, public sector donors, current and potential funders by collecting data and feedback from users; updating and maintaining guidance material, identifying and monitoring emerging grant opportunities relevant to 50by40’s focus areas and Partners’ Network. Produce a weekly donor intelligence report summarising the findings from this review and completing internal research projects such as mapping target donors for specific concepts, developing brief reports on issues and trends, and creating outreach plans in conjunction with the Director of Development and Partnerships.
Proposal Management and Preparation: Managing the grant proposal preparation process to the Wechanger Platform and quarterly bid rounds, conduct partner onboarding, corresponding with partners, and gathering necessary inputs from various departments to support the development of compelling proposals that align with the priorities of 50by40 and donors.
Project Design: Work with team leadership to contribute to ideation exercises with 50by40’s by conducting background research on emerging issues to develop strategic solutions to solve food system challenges.
Operational Improvements: Suggest and implement process improvements in the Development team, such as improvements in the proposal and budget templates, granting platform or the development of donor-facing materials such as one-pagers or pitch decks.
- Undergraduate degree in sustainable development, business administration, international relations, human rights, climate change, or related fields. A master’s degree is desirable.
- Prior professional experience working with public and private donors (international organisations, national governments, and private and corporate foundations).
- Experience in financial reporting and analysis and nonprofit accounting.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, and knowledge of Mailchimp, Google Suite, and Monday.com.
- Strong project management ethos with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build rapport and maintain multi-sectoral stakeholder relationships.
- Strong sense of teamwork and keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to determine work priorities and to juggle multiple tasks efficiently.
- Capacity to work and thrive in a growing, fast-paced entrepreneurial organisation with a collaborative environment operating in multiple time zones.
- High ethical standards and commitment to 50by40 core values.
- Strong understanding of funders (e.g. governments, multilateral institutions, and foundations), different contract types, and reporting requirements associated with grant funding.
- Experience in developing and editing high-quality grant proposals, including developing theories of change, budgets, and work plans for complex, multi-year, and global projects.
- Knowledge of the international donor landscape and trends, with demonstrable experience in fundraising with a diverse group of donors, including private and corporate foundations and governments.
- Experience with working remotely within dispersed teams.
- Understanding of effective altruism.
- Knowledge of innovations in food, as well as an understanding of the global food sector.
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualification.
- Flexible, trust-based working arrangements and home-office arrangements.
- 20 days PTO, Bank Holidays
Send your cover letter and CV to us by 22 January 2021.
Strengthened by Diversity
At 50by40, we believe that the best ideas come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences. Committed to inclusivity, diversity and equality, 50by40 offers equal opportunities to all applicants regardless of race, religion, colour, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or anything else that makes them unique.
We are a global, collective impact organisation aiming to create a fair, healthy and compassionate food system. Our vision pursues a 50% reduction in the global production and consumption of farmed animal products by 2040, with the remaining production systems being environmentally and socially sustainable, regenerative and humane, achieved via a just transition of the farming system.
50by40 functions as a platform builder and network convener of partners, stakeholders, and rights-
holders from all sectors, movements and geographies without attempting to directly solve issues or replace any expertise on the respective foci of the stakeholders and rights-holders.