Term of Employment: Full-Time, At-Will, Exempt
Location: Remote, Global
Reports to: Head of Operations
50by40 is a coalition of organizations dedicated to cutting the global production and consumption of animal products by 50% by 2040. Join our global team offering regional and international expertise on food systems, climate policy, and global and multi-sector engagement. We collaborate with partners and support their efforts in a broad swathe of sectors from vastly different backgrounds, yet wholly dedicated in their missions to improve the ways food is produced and consumed.
How You Will Make a Difference
As the HR Coordinator, you will be an integral part of 50by40’s Operations Department assisting in a full range of HR initiatives. Those responsibilities include partnering with the HR, Talent, and Operations in new hire onboarding, operations administration, recruitment support, company-wide engagement events, and assist with a variety of HR and Operations projects!
Your passion for employee success, fostering 50by40’s culture, and driving growth initiatives will motivate you to grow with us for years to come.
- Assist with recruitment and interview process as needed
- Support the onboarding and off-boarding of employees
- Assist with employee licensing process from class enrollment, testing, and licensing
- Assist employees with understanding company policies and procedures
- Provide administrative support to HR including but not limited to record-keeping, correspondence, verifications, reporting, etc.
- Coordinate company-wide employee engagement events and activities
- Assist with administration of benefit plans, including enrollments, changes, and terminations
- Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions
- File documents into appropriate employee files
- Assist with various HR projects and initiatives
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- 1+ year of experience in a role as an HR Assistant, HR Coordinator, or related
- Experience with deadline-driven tasks and general administrative duties
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices, and procedures
- Skilled in identifying opportunities for improvement or enhancements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Outstanding communication skills with a goal to maintain strong interpersonal relationships
- Self-starter and creative thinker with experience in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, and dynamic environment
- High attention to detail and a knack for organization
- Strong desire for team success
- Creative, innovative, and effective problem-solver
- Strong technical knowledge with the passion to learn and develop new skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or related
- SHRM-CP or related credentials
- HRIS and/or ATS experience such as BambooHR, JazzHR, etc.
- Salary: Commensurate with experience, highly competitive
- Enjoy trust-based flexible working and home-office arrangements
- Progressive and flexible Responsible PTO
- QSEHRA (US Full-time Employees)
Strengthened by Diversity
At 50by40, we believe that the best ideas come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds, and experiences. Committed to inclusivity, diversity, and equality, 50by40 offers equal opportunities to all applicants regardless of race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or anything else that makes them unique.
We are a global, collective impact organisation aiming to create a fair, healthy and compassionate food system. Our vision pursues a 50% reduction in the global production and consumption of farmed animal products by 2040, with the remaining production systems being environmentally and socially sustainable, regenerative and humane, achieved via a just transition of the farming system.
50by40 functions as a platform builder and network convener of partners, stakeholders, and rights-
holders from all sectors, movements and geographies without attempting to directly solve issues or replace any expertise on the respective foci of the stakeholders and rights-holders.