Alley Cat Rescue is a nonprofit organization that works on national programs to promote humane care for all cats. This position needs a person with a special quality and a respected track record. An individual with experience to help ACR become more performance-focused. We need a dedicated person to be a key participant in office and program planning. We are seeking someone with the skills to ensure that all operations are proceeding to fulfil the Alley Cat Rescue mission.
· will keep implementation of current work on track and create new effective strategies.
· will ensure coordination of work on key issues
· coordinate team meetings
· implement procedures to evaluate ACR’s organizational goals
· This person must be able to accept challenges and opportunities of working for a small nonprofit
· must be experienced at prioritizing and managing projects in a fast-paced environment
· must have good interpersonal skills with the ability to resolve conflicts —
· must have a commitment to the goals of helping cats, especially outdoor cats
· must have excellent writing skills with high level of computer knowledge
· Minimum of 4 years working in non-profits will be a plus
Salary negotiable depending on experience
Send your resume and cover letter, explaining why you would want to work for ACR
Details at a glance
Full Time Schedule
Must have some experience working with cats
Must have some Social Media skills to help with Facebook and Instagram posts
Health insurance, paid sick/vacation time, and paid federal holidays.
About alley cat rescue
Alley Cat Rescue’s (ACR) commitment is to help stray and outdoor community cats in the United States and around the world, by promoting humane nonlethal care to improve cats’ lives. ACR works to reduce the number of feral cats living in colonies through a proven method called Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR).
ACR’s programs promote better care for community cats through trap-neuter-return. Local programs include placing unwanted cats in new homes, running a low-cost spay/neuter clinic, and providing support for local feral cat caretakers. Nationally we operate a network of Cat Action Teams across the U.S. Our May Spay Challenge has developed a national network of veterinarians offering free or low-cost TNR services. ACR's mission is to lead the way for humane care for all cats.
ACR promotes compassion and humane care for cats through effective campaigns:
Our Cat Action Teams assist groups and individuals to help domestic and feral cats
We assist cat caretakers with cat behavioral problems
We promote a better understanding of feline diseases
Our programs keep cats out of the shelter system, thus reducing euthanasia
We promote neuter-before-adoption and early-age spay/neuter
We promote TNR programs for feral cats