P/T Cat Adoption Coordinator
Location: North Hollywood, CA
Hours: TBD / as needed
Compensation: $18 per hour
Job duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Adding cat photos and descriptions to Petfinder
- Responding to adoption inquiry Emails/phone calls
- Reviewing adoption applications and selecting adopters
- Arranging and conducting meet and greets between potential adopters and cats
- Communicating with and providing support to fosters
- Keeping up-to-date files on adoptable cats (vaccination records, spay/neuter and other medical information, availability status, etc.)
- Coordinating with local rescue partners
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible schedule with the ability to respond in emergencies
- At least 5 years experience with cats
- Must love cats!
Alley Cat Rescue (ACR) is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization leading the way in promoting humane, nonlethal and compassionate care for all cats.
About Alley Cat Rescue
Alley Cat Rescue’s (ACR) commitment is to help stray and outdoor community cats in the United States and around the world, by promoting humane nonlethal care to improve cats’ lives. ACR works to reduce the number of feral cats living in colonies through a proven method called Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR).
ACR’s programs promote better care for community cats through trap-neuter-return. Local programs include placing unwanted cats in new homes, running a low-cost spay/neuter clinic, and providing support for local feral cat caretakers. Nationally, we operate a network of Cat Action Teams across the U.S. Our Feral Fix Challenge has developed an international network of veterinarians offering free or low-cost TNR services. ACR's mission is to lead the way for humane care for all cats.
ACR promotes compassion and humane care for cats through effective campaigns:
Our Cat Action Teams assist groups and individuals to help domestic and feral cats
We assist cat caretakers with cat behavioral problems
We promote a better understanding of feline diseases
Our programs keep cats out of the shelter system, thus reducing euthanasia
We promote neuter-before-adoption and early-age spay/neuter
We promote TNR programs for feral cats