Full-time Mon-Fri: 08:00-17:00,
Address: London N15
You join our kitchen team, assisting with the prepping, cooking and freezing of our dishes – making each dish to our exacting taste and quality standards.
To succeed in this role:
- you must be energetic and enthusiastic with a real passion for great food.
- you will have a sharp attention to process, detail and quality.
- you are handy with a knife, calm under pressure, quick to spot your own mistakes, learn and meticulous at keeping clean.
- you will lead by example, sleeves-up and prepping or cooking wherever necessary, you will master our cut-sizes, cook-times, sauce thicknesses and plating finishes – always contributing to the smooth running of the kitchen and consistent quality products, while looking out for others & guiding them.
your skills and experience.
The ideal applicant will:
- Be an experienced chef, who has worked in a busy production environment for a minimum of 12 months, ideally +36 months within major contract catering or premium hand-made production kitchens (e.g. Bighams, Cook, Bakkavor, Kerry Foods, large hotels or CPUs).
- Ideally has worked in a similar cook-freeze, cook-chill and/or food production environment.
- Passionate about great food, slick operations and consistently brilliant flavours.
- Takes pride in achieving the highest levels of cleanliness and health & safety.
- Organisational beast, thriving on getting things done, continuously learning and improving quality, culture and systems.
- Top communicator, enhancing the team by listening, offering direction and speaks up when something is wrong or jeopardising production or quality.
- Energy, enthusiasm, positive, commitment and a can-do attitude.
- Thrives in an environment that is based on the production kitchen floor.
- Embraces change and challenge.
- Great sense of humour.
- All applicants will require a UK bank account, a NI number, proof of eligibility to work in the UK and be able to speak English fluently.
- NVQ level 1, 2 & 3, HACCP Level 2 & Food Safety Certifications.
allplants is a first of it’s kind plant-based company, making and delivering delicious plant-based food to doorsteps nationwide. We focus on delivering feel good flavours, in the best possible ways for both people and planet. Our chefs invigorate every dish with the vibrant flavours, textures and tastes we all crave, making sure each dish is hearty and nutrient-rich.
Our production kitchen turns handfuls of the freshest ingredients into delicious handmade feasts, delivered frozen to our customers’ doors, to whip out of the freezer on busy evenings. This is cutting-edge culinary territory with a fast-growing and hungry audience, allplantsis shaping up to be an award winning leader in the future of food. One of our big aims this year is to win a ‘GREAT TASTE’ award in 2017, help us make this dream a reality!
Our team is full of people with the passion, energy and potential to grow with us over the next five to ten years - this is a fast-growing team where you can make your mark. Our founders have previously built multiple successful businesses from scratch, and we’re now delivering our Tasting Menu nationwide, to make plant-based lifestyles delicious and easy.
Our recipes have been carefully developed for scale, refined for freezing, and tasted by 100s at private events. We will also be launching pop-up supper clubs, street food carts and events to bring our food to life in 2018 and beyond.