You will join our kitchen team, working with a team of chefs, leads, mixers and platers in a state of the art facility, all dedicated to the production of delicious allplants meals to the highest standard.
Your role as a Kitchen Porter will be central in guaranteeing a clean and safe environment for the production of our fantastic food to the standard our customers know and love. You will report to the Shift Manager and lead Chefs.
We offer a great development program, so you will learn from the best, with plenty of opportunity to grow within the business. There will be plenty of opportunities to change things up and we run all-company socials and updates as often as possible.
The salary for this role is based on our internal frame work and is between £21 000 and £24 000, depending on experience.
What you’ll need.
We’re open minded and believe that smart & driven people can learn fast. You’ll be a great fit here if you can:
- be energetic and enthusiastic with a real passion for great food
- have a sharp attention to process, detail and quality
- thrive under pressure, with a quickness and readiness to spot mistakes and learn from them
- practice a meticulous attention to detail and zeal for hygiene standards
- consistently contribute to the smooth running of the kitchen and slick organisation of goods in and out
- bring a sense of humour, high energy and a passion for a healthier plant-powered future
- uphold organisational skills and clear communication
- embrace challenges as opportunities to thrive
Good to Haves:
- experience in a similar cook-freeze or otherwise food production environment would be valued but not required
- experience working with plant-based goods would be great but in no way needed
The qualifications and experiences above are a guide and we’d still love to hear from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated.
– Be part of a business with an impact and purpose (we’re also a certified B-Corp!), using commerciality to better serve people & planet
– 32 days holiday (we do not include bank holidays for inclusivity and flexibility), flexible working arrangements, pension plan and stock options from day one
– Healthy lunches, breakfast and snacks every day, and lots of allplants tastings(!) from our exceptional in-house cheffing team
– Collaborative, purpose-built office in Blackhorse Road, on the Victoria line
– A dog-friendly office with cute pooches
– Quarterly socials (we love a good party!) and weekly staff-led activities (football club, netball league and PT sessions in the park)
– Listed as Escape The City’s and Rocket List’s top companies to work for ✌️
Do I need to be vegan to work here?
No, you don’t! We’re an open-minded bunch and welcome all diets from plant curious to raw foodist, as long as you resonate with our mission to inspire people to eat more plants!
Where are you based?
Our office, The Greenhouse, is based about 10-minute walk from Blackhorse Road station on the Victoria Line.
However, at the moment our office based staff are working remotely.
What are your working hours?
This varies between teams (for instance our chefs work in shifts which cover from 6am to 10pm, and our new nightshift will be structured to run for 8 hours across the evening) but our standard office hours are 9am-6pm, Monday to Friday. We embrace flexible working and adopt a ‘core hours’ model which is implemented differently from team-to-team.
How can I contact if I have more questions?
Please reach out on email@example.com if you have any other questions.
a fair chance
Every role in the allplants team is open to applications from all sections of society. We believe in the superpowers and potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other difference that makes you, well, you.
More than just encouraging your application, we’re committed to conscious inclusion that (we hope) cultivates an ethos of belonging, connection and shared purpose. It’s this philosophy that drove us to contribute to a better world through our allplants purpose and mission, and we open our doors to those who share these motivations.
What we offer
– Be part of a business with purpose (certified B-Corp), using commercial growth to better serve people & planet
– Opportunities to grow in your career and develop your skills as we scale our teams and the company
– Competitive salary and stock options from day one
– 24 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays)
– Free healthy lunches, breakfast and snacks, and lots of allplants tastings
– A free monthly delivery of allplants for everyone to taste what’s cooking
– A dog-friendly office with cute pooches
– Regular socials (when safe to do so). We love a good party.
– Chance to join one of Escape The City’s Top 100 companies to work for ✌️
We’ve created allplants to make eating more plants a supremely positive choice that is delicious, healthy, accessible and full of joy: an inclusive celebration of food and life: a fiesta, not a fast. Through our food and website, we make it delicious and easy for anyone to make the switch towards plants one dish or day at a time, with delicious, chef-made, plant-based food straight from our kitchen to yours.
Already the leading plant-based living platform in Europe we’ve served millions of meal-times to homes UK-wide, subscribing for feel-good, healthier living. Our plans for 2021 and beyond are as exciting as they are delicious - growing our kitchen and product range to serve our expanding community of allplants people at pace!
allplants is one of only a handful of venture capital-backed B-Corps in the world, dedicated to leveraging high growth principles in order to help solve the climate crisis at scale, using business as a force for good. Our chefs and creative food put us at an exhilarating frontier of culinary invention, creating new plant-based delights to help anyone make the step towards trying out vegan for size - the fastest way to boost your health and chop down your food carbon footprint (by 35% with just one meal per day!). Our team of +140 cook, taste, create and (usually when not in lockdown) operate from The Greenhouse, our HQ in North London.