Animal Advocacy Careers is seeking a human resources consultant to join our remote team doing up to 5 hours of work per month. We have a small remote team with team members in the United States, United Kingdom, Portugal, and India.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
AAC is a relatively new nonprofit with a small global team. We recognize everyone’s inherent worth and we are committed to providing a professional and safe work environment free from discrimination and harassment. As a human resources consultant, you will help foster a healthy work environment for AAC’s staff and volunteers.
Tasks will include:
- Conduct annual prevention of discrimination and harassment training for a global team.
- Serve as the designated person for receiving discrimination and/or harassment complaints from AAC’s staff and volunteers.
- Conduct an investigation and submit the findings to the CEO (or to a board member, if the CEO is the object of the complaint).
- Maintain accurate and timely records of all complaints and investigations
- Help update and improve AAC’s Respect in the Workplace Policy
AAC is a new and rapidly evolving organisation, so the scope of this role may change over time.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- At least 1 year of relevant experience in a human resources role. Experience with conflict management is preferred.
- Knowledge of employment laws in the United States and particularly in California. Knowledge of international laws is a plus, but not required.
- Ability to be available to the AAC team via email on weekdays (excluding public holidays) and respond promptly to emails.
- Ability to collaborate with people in different timezones than yours
- Access to reliable internet and a computer
Research indicates that men tend to apply for jobs when they meet just 60% of the criteria, while women and other marginalized groups mostly only apply if they are a 100% match. If you are passionate about AAC’s mission and think you have what it takes to be successful in this role even if you don’t check all the boxes, please apply. We’d appreciate the opportunity to consider your application.
- Location: Remote. Most countries and time zones are workable (though you may sometimes need to be working at times convenient for our team)
- Pay rate: $30 per hour
- Hours: 0-5 hours per month*
- Terms of employment: Independent contractor
- Reports to: CEO
- Start: As soon as possible
- Deadline: We are accepting applications on a rolling basis until this role is filled.
* We pay consultants their fees at a fixed hourly rate for the actual hours worked. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee a minimum number of hours per month or offer a retainer model at this time.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please email your resume to email@example.com. In your email, please describe your experience relevant to this role. We will let you know if we are proceeding with your application.
- If we proceed, we will invite you to two short interviews which won’t take more than two hours of your time in total.
- We hope to make an offer soon in June 2022. We urge you to apply as soon as possible.
About Animal Advocacy Careers
Animal Advocacy Careers is an organisation that seeks to address the career and talent bottlenecks in the animal advocacy movement, especially the farmed animal movement. There are many billions of animals kept in appalling conditions; we provide careers services for individuals and organisations seeking to help them.
Services that we offer include an introductory online course, careers advice, a job board, a skilled volunteering board, and a recruiting service for effective animal advocacy nonprofits. We are optimistic that many of these services could be highly scalable if they are marketed successfully. For instance, our research suggests that the online course leads many individuals to make substantial changes to their career plans, but doubling the number of participants would not cost AAC much additional time or effort.