20 hours per week
Salary: £22,000 to £24,000 (pro rata). Depending on experience.
Job ref: Fundraising1-2020
Joining a small team of in-house fundraising within Animal Aid, the purpose of the role is to promote membership, regular giving and Animal Aid’s lottery product, in order to increase donations, membership and regular giving income.
– General admin as part of the team – including answering calls, taking donations over the phone and redirecting incoming calls appropriately
– Working closely with the Supporter Engagement Officer, providing cover for tasks if necessary
– Attend events when necessary (occasional evening and weekend)
– Donor acquisition online – using social media and external platforms
– Promoting membership and incentives for membership online
– Creating engaging digital campaigns to support and compliment other fundraising channels
– Work to targets for acquisition
– Creating a pipeline of external partners to work with in creating membership incentives
– Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
– Experience of using social media for marketing and promotional purposes
– Experience of working in a similar role, within a fundraising team
– Ability to prioritise and organise workload
– Use of Microsoft packages and mail merge processes
– Good knowledge of Microsoft programmes, such as excel and word
– Commitment and enthusiasm for Animal Aid’s cause
– Experience working on multi-channel campaigns, with a focus on digital
– Good analytical skills
– Use of CRM such as Raiser’s Edge
– Previous experience within a fundraising team important
– Understanding of data protection
– Use of databases
– Social media use
– Data analysis experience
– Tracking and reporting performance
– Genuine interest and empathy with Animal Aid’s mission and values
About Animal Aid
Animal Aid is one of the UK's longest established animal rights campaign groups.
We campaign peacefully against all forms of animal abuse and promote a cruelty-free lifestyle. We investigate and expose animal cruelty, and our undercover investigations and other evidence are often used by the media, bringing these issues to public attention.