Terms: Salary: £38-48,000/year (commensurate with experience/qualifications).
Annual leave 20 days/year, national holidays, 4 days office closure Christmas–New Year, stakeholder pension.
Reports to: Executive Director
As part of the development team, you will implement the supporter engagement programme to promote long term relationships, retention and growth. A key role in achieving the objectives of ADI. Management of Raiser’s Edge NXT and Engaging Networks includes oversight, reconciliation, record management, data-integrity projects, audits, segmentation, development of lists and reports. Utilisation of strong data-manipulation skills. Development of fundraising and marketing activity.
Liaison with supporters and donors communicating by phone, email, letter. Gift entries, acknowledgements; advising on donations and advocacy campaigns. Distribution of information, calls to action, news, publications.
You are dedicated to animal rights and ADI’s objectives, our campaigns for legal protection for animals, replacement of animals in research, rescues, education, protection of our shared environment. You understand data and know how it can be used to advance ADI’s fundraising and campaign objectives; experienced with Raiser’s Edge NXT, Engaging Networks or similar processes and systems for non-profits. With strong verbal and written communication skills, you have a friendly, welcoming approach, enjoy helping supporters with donations and advocacy (see ‘about the role’ requirements, below).
ADI is dedicated to exposing suffering of animals, education, working for their legal protection. Priorities include replacement of use of animals in research with advanced science and technology; ending use of animals in entertainment such as movies, advertising, circuses, sport; farming; ending wildlife trade and protecting our shared environment. When governments pass animal protection legislation such as ending use of animals in circuses, ADI helps with implementation and rescue, removing the animals from the circuses and relocating them to suitable sanctuaries, according to species. Big cats are provided a home at the ADI Wildlife Sanctuary, South Africa.
About the role:
This role is vital to achieving ADI’s income and advocacy objectives and you will bring your skills, experience and qualifications to the role, including:
- Experience with development strategies for charities/non-profits; you can use technology to advance ADI income and advocacy targets.
- Minimum three years’ experience with Raiser’s Edge NXT and Engaging Networks and/or similar systems; segmentation, creating lists and reports, data hygiene, audits.
- Strong technical skills and experience, data management, manipulation; comfortable with Excel/Google and other tools.
- Minimum one year’s experience with donor supporter liaison
- You enjoy being one of the points of contact for supporters, with a friendly, positive, service-oriented approach to helping them donate and advocate for animals.
- Diligent processing of donations, acknowledgements, correspondence, emails, phone calls.
- Integrity and confidentiality in the handling of sensitive and confidential information
- Working closely with Finance team to ensure integrity of financial records.
- Requires you to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Requires strong collaboration and communication skills to work creatively and effectively with other teams to grow ADI income and supporters.
ADI is dedicated to ending the suffering of animals and works for their legal protection. We expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment; and a plant-based lifestyle is preferred. ADI is also committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all, regardless of background, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, physical ability or other.
How to apply:
- Apply early – no closing date – we review applications as they arrive; interviews commence on a rolling programme.
- Send email detailing how you meet our criteria, together with your CV.
- Interviews will be online and in person.
- A formal application form will be sent if you have been selected for interview.
- Virtual interviews will be arranged once your application form has been reviewed.
- In-person interviews will be arranged following virtual interviews.
Animal Defenders International, Vox Studios North, 1 Durham Street, London, SE11 5JH.
Send CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Animal Defenders International
London–Los Angeles–Bogota–South Africa. Animal Defenders International (ADI) is a UK and US registered non-profit, working alongside UK charity Animal Defenders International Foundation, and Lord Dowding Fund for Humane Research.
ADI exposes captive animal suffering in science, working to replace the use of animals in research and for legal protection of animals used for entertainment, in farming, ending the wildlife trade, protection of our shared environment.
When governments pass animal protection legislation such as ending use of animals in circuses, ADI offers support with implementation and rescue, removing the animals from the circuses and relocating them to suitable sanctuaries, according to species. Big cat survivors are provided a home at the ADI Wildlife Sanctuary, South Africa: https://www.youtube.com/c/ADITV-animals/videos