Development Coordinator, Los Angeles:
Professional Level: Management
ADI is seeking an energetic, innovative and motivated individual to help achieve the organization’s vision and fundraising goals while working in a collaborative team environment.
The Development Coordinator will oversee all aspects of our fundraising, coordinate special events and compile and maintain constituent data. They will work to grow our income, profile, fundraising, events, and relationship building; contribute to supporter engagement, donor development, and building of lifelong relationships with donors. Work with development team to answer queries about campaigns and activities; database entry; donation acknowledgement; production of reports and mailing lists.
- Develop and implement annual fundraising plans and strategies
- Find new grant opportunities, strategize and draft grant applications; liaison with funders and foundations.
- Corporate giving and partnerships development; sponsorships
- Create and support large and small scale fundraising opportunities for individuals, foundations and businesses, nationally and in local communities.
- Organization and implementation of fundraising activities; supporter involvement, development and communications with supporters.
- Coordinate messaging, talking points & visuals in fundraising campaigns and donor acknowledgement with staff.
- Work with staff to ensure consistent messaging on need, impact and donor appreciation.
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of the donor database
- Maintains/manages content of supporter/fundraising sections of websites
- Support the creation of a fundraising culture among staff
Desired Qualifications and Personal Characteristics
- Bachelor´s degree required; 4-6 years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising with emphasis on annual funding giving and special events.
- Minimum three years’ development experience, including fundraising and annual campaigns.
- Strong commitment to working in animal protection (experience preferred)
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, word processing, spreadsheets, mail merge and advanced functions.
- Experience with and aptitude for relational databases; strong database skills, including high-level data entry, tracking and analyzing data. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is required!
- Donor cultivation experience, from research to stewardship.
- Ability to work independently in a deadline-driven environment; successfully manage multi-functional projects, priorities and time management with minimal supervision; follow-through and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational, administration, telephone and interpersonal communication skills, detail and “big picture” oriented.
- Skill in preparing written reports and presentations.
- Solid writing, editing and presentation ability.
- Professional demeanor, flexible and able to respond to multiple demands.
- Innovative, creative, and adaptable.
- Committed to the mission of ADI.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation includes a competitive base salary commensurate with experience. Medical, dental, and vision insurance. 3 weeks’ discretionary vacation, plus fixed office closure over Christmas/New Year holiday season.
Closing date: Applications accepted until position is filled.
ADI promotes equality of opportunity and will take action to ensure that no individual suffers discrimination, directly or indirectly, on the grounds of sex, disability, color, race, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origin.
Animal Defenders International, 5455 Wilshire Blvd., #2015, Los Angeles, CA 90036.
About Animal Defenders International
Active worldwide to end the suffering of animals: animals in entertainment – film, television, advertising, circuses, and sport or leisure; animals used for food or fur; protection of wildlife and the environment; trade in animals; zoos, pets, entertainment, and laboratories. Funding and promotion of advanced scientific methods to replace the use of animals in research. ADI investigates, produces evidence, and reports on the scientific, legal, and economic issues for each case study, recommending solutions. Education and awareness to public, media, and officials. Where ADI’s evidence has been a catalyst for change, we collaborate with governments to conduct large-scale seizures of wild animals in captivity and relocate them to forever homes – back to their natural habitat wherever possible.