Terms of Employment: Full Time, At Will, Temporary, Non-exempt
Reports to: Campaigns Manager
Position Location: Dallas, TX
Our iAnimal project introduces a new tool in animal protection to expose cruelty inside factory farms and slaughterhouses. With the 360-degree immersive experience, viewers get a unique perspective into the lives of farmed animals through virtual reality. You can learn more here.
What you will be doing:
Animal Equality is taking the iAnimal project to colleges, universities and conferences once again! We will have two employees teamed up doing outreach in Texas.
The two employees will be traveling by car to the events, setting up the iAnimal display, and encouraging people to experience our iAnimal virtual reality video. (Transportation to and from the tour will be coordinated by Animal Equality. Mileage will be reimbursed according to the Standard Non-Profit Mileage Rates provided by the IRS).
The employees will assist the viewers with the virtual reality headsets and answer any questions before and after they watch, and ask them to sign a pledge to cut back or cut out eating animal products.
The employees will also be distributing Animal Equality’s veg leaflets to viewers and during downtime, which contain important information on why and how to go vegan.
- Engaging and educating the public
- Driving between event locations
- The two employees will be responsible for all of the equipment during the extent of the project
- Administrative tasks such as logging approximate reach of viewers, location of set up at school, and any obstacles faced
- Taking photographs and videos during events
- Training any volunteers
- Maintaining financial records of all qualified expenses to be reimbursed
- May be asked to assist in finding housing accommodations
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be dedicated to Animal Equality’s mission and be able to articulate it well to the public
- Must be organized
- Willing to travel
- Possess a valid driver’s license with clean driving record, a smartphone, laptop and/or tablet with internet access
- Possess a working car (please still apply even if you don’t have a car; the other hire may use theirs)
- Be confident, outgoing, positive and friendly, and work well with others
- Be knowledgeable about factory farm and slaughterhouse practices
- Have basic tech knowledge
- Be able to stand for long periods of time and able to lift up to 50 lbs
Application Period and Employment Period:
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Employment starts February 12 and ends April 30 (subject to change).
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age.
Please Note: We are only able to consider applicants who possess United States work authorization.
About Animal Equality
Animal Equality is an international organization working with society, governments, and companies to end cruelty to farmed animals.
Our vision is a world in which all animals are respected and protected.