Terms of Employment: Full Time, At-Will, Non-Exempt
Reports to: President
Position Location: Home office, but must be based in Austin, TX
The role of the Executive Assistant is to manage the day-to-day operations of the President and Executive Vice President. Successful candidates must be detail-oriented and extremely well organized. The ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment is essential.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinate schedules to support efficient workflow and maximize organizational priorities while anticipating steps ahead
- Anticipate daily administrative needs, including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; categorizing receipts and creating expense reports; making travel arrangements; developing and tracking travel itineraries; compiling documents for external meetings; organizing and maintaining files; scanning and copying documents; preparing agendas and minutes for meetings; proofreading presentations
- Take notes during, and follow up on action items from, meetings with various members of staff
- Compose business correspondence and internal emails as directed
- Track information flow, ensuring follow-up and engagement with appropriate internal staff and external stakeholders
- Work with other departments and international offices to collaborate as needed and to ensure that the President and Vice President are engaged throughout the organization
- Implement and coordinate special projects assigned by the President and Vice President
- Plan, organize, and manage logistics for special events, and other external and internal meetings, such as conferences, donor meetings, speaking engagements, etc
- Take on additional projects and responsibilities as needed
- A commitment to Animal Equality’s vision, mission, strategy, and culture.
- A minimum of two years of related experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; especially astute listener who picks up subtle cues that others may miss
- Ability to be diplomatic, firm when necessary, as may be appropriate to the situation
- Sensitive to the need for discretion and confidentiality related to Executives’ work
- Impeccable attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and cultivate relationships
- Strong project management skills, including goal-setting, and project and event planning
- Proficient in use of Apple, Microsoft Office, Asana and Google Workspace(preferred)
- Available on occasion for additional hours outside regular schedule as needed for travel
- Ability to critically assess challenges and identify effective solutions, while managing tight deadlines and multiple priorities
- Access to personal transportation strongly preferred
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization
Pay and Benefits:
$24 per hour. The benefits package includes 100% employer-covered health, dental, and vision insurance, paid child care leave, a generous vacation package, paid sick time, 1 paid volunteer day per year, 2 floating holidays, and 401(k) with partial employer match.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender (including gender identity and/or expression), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis.
About Animal Equality
Animal Equality was founded in 2006 by Sharon Núñez, Jose Valle and Javier Moreno with one mission: to protect animals. The enthusiasm for and commitment to that mission has only grown since then and has enabled us to deliver impactful results for animals.
Today, Animal Equality is one of the most effective advocates for farmed animals in the world, working on four continents on behalf of farmed animals. We are working in countries where there is the most opportunity to create lasting, systemic change for animals. We work with society, governments, and companies so that we can achieve our vision: a world in which all animals are protected and respected.