Terms of Employment: Full-time, Exempt, At-Will
Reports to: President
Staff reports: None
Position Location: Home office, but based in Miami, Florida
The Latino Program Coordinator oversees Animal Equality Spanish-speaking programs in the US. This position is responsible for creating excellent online and offline campaigns to inspire the Latino community in the United States to support Animal Equality’s mission and reduce the consumption of animal products, replacing them with plant-based foods.
We are looking for an outgoing and charismatic advocate with a mission to help animals and a strong enthusiasm to engage Latinos in the United States.
- Develop strategic campaigns to engage the Latino community in the United States that promote animal protection and plant-based eating.
- Represent Animal Equality in the Latino community.
- Create engaging online and offline content for the Latino community in the United States on key platforms by collaborating with well-known and influential vegan Latinos.
- Track and analyze web traffic and conversions to ensure the success of Animal Equality’s Latino online campaigns.
- Assist and actively participate in Latino festivals and events to inform about animal protection, inspiring interest in veganism and plant-based foods.
- Engage with Hispanic and Latino media across the US to push forward Animal Equality’s mission and veganism.
- Represent Animal Equality on Latino TV shows, representing Animal Equality, its mission, as well as veganism and plant-based foods.
- Produce engaging materials (written and online) that speak to and connect with the Latino community.
- Engage and promote Latino vegans on Animal Equality’s platforms.
- Support the communications department by adapting and writing materials in Spanish and keeping detailed communications calendars.
- Help coordinate national and regional events for Latinos.
- Work alongside Animal Equality’s Latin American teams to identify collaborations and other opportunities.
- Participate in Animal Equality protests and other campaigns when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements:
- A commitment to Animal Equality’s vision, mission, strategy, and culture.
- Fluency in Spanish and English.
- A minimum of three years of work experience in a similar role.
- Three years of experience engaging with the media having experience establishing contacts with Latino media in the past.
- Ability to cook and create Latino-inspired vegan foods.
- A high degree of computer literacy and experience with Microsoft Office suite (Word and Excel in particular).
- Proven ability to be able to conduct market research.
- Experience with SEO and social media metrics.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to think strategically, problem-solve and manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Spanish and English.
- Must have a positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, effective communication andthe ability to work cooperatively with others in a team-oriented work environment.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed to meet deadlines and manage workflow.
Salary and Benefits:
$60,000 to $65,000 gross per year. The benefits package includes 100% employer-covered health, dental, and vision insurance, paid child care leave, a generous vacation package, paid sick time, one paid volunteer day per year, two floating holidays, and 401(k) with partial employer match.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.
Please Note: Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis.
About Animal Equality
Animal Equality was founded in 2006 by Sharon Núñez, Jose Valle and Javier Moreno with one mission: to protect animals. The enthusiasm for and commitment to that mission has only grown since then and has enabled us to deliver impactful results for animals.
Today, Animal Equality is one of the most effective advocates for farmed animals in the world, working on four continents on behalf of farmed animals. We are working in countries where there is the most opportunity to create lasting, systemic change for animals. We work with society, governments, and companies so that we can achieve our vision: a world in which all animals are protected and respected.