Location: Remote, USA
Employment Status: Full-time, At-Will, Exempt
Reports to: International Director of Corporate Outreach
At Animal Equality you will work alongside a team of extraordinary people who, with compassion, effectiveness and determination, give their best every day to end the atrocities of factory farming.
We are looking for a Campaigns Coordinator to create and implement our campaigns, focusing on public information campaigns about major food companies that refuse to make meaningful animal welfare policies. This is a crucial time for farmed animal welfare because the US Supreme Court is currently considering overturning important animal protection legislation for farmed animals.
The right person for the role will be a resilient and energetic individual with a strong work ethic and a creative mindset. The successful candidate will demonstrate a sound understanding of advocacy, media, traditional and digital strategies to ensure that change for animals is achieved.
Animal Equality is one of the most effective global farm animal protection organizations. With your contribution you can help millions of animals.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Research key details of companies, including corporate structure, history, animal protection standards, leadership, social media handles, and affiliates
- Develop campaign strategy and schedule of campaign tactics to help reach decision-makers
- Use a data-based approach to grow our Animal Defenders digital activism email list
- Develop volunteer action network to mobilize volunteers to take actions on campaigns including calls and emails to corporate decision-makers and posting on social media
- Draft letters to company board members, shareholders, and other stakeholders
- Facilitate video and web page development for campaigns
- Manage logistics of advertisement placement in newspapers, creation of mobile billboards, coordination of demonstrations and petition drops, and other creative tactics
- Draft and post blogs related to campaign actions and successes
- Assist the Corporate Outreach Department with other tasks, as assigned
- Alignment with Animal Equality’s mission
- Alignment with Animal Equality’s culture principles
- Two years of experience in nonprofits, public affairs, corporate affairs, government relations, issue advocacy, corporate campaigning, grassroots campaigning, political organizing, communications, marketing, or related field
- Vision, insight, creativity, and a strategic outlook
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, especially when faced with confrontational situations and while under pressure
- Initiative, resourcefulness, adaptability, and an unbeatable work ethic
- Proven track record of meeting ambitious objectives
- Comfort working within time constraints and meeting deadlines without sacrificing accuracy
- Self-motivation to work independently as well as a collegial personality conducive to teamwork
- Exceptional level of organization, efficiency, and ability to multitask
- Willingness and ability to travel when required and to work outside of usual office hours, on occasion, for events and demonstrations.
- Thorough knowledge of farmed animal issues
- Professional appearance and adherence to a vegan lifestyle
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Word, Excel, and PPT), Google Suite (particularly Docs, Sheets, and Slides)
- Experience with or comfort learning new technological platforms such as Asana, Zoom, Slack and Salesforce.
Salary and Benefits:
$49,000-55,000 annually, based on experience. Benefits package includes 100% employer-covered health, dental, vision, paid child care leave, a generous vacation package, paid sick time, 1 paid volunteer day per year, 2 floating holidays, and 401(k) with partial employer match.
Applications will be accepted until August 12th.
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
Please Note: We are only able to consider applicants who possess United States work authorization.
About Animal Equality
Animal Equality was founded in 2006 by Sharon Núñez, Jose Valle and Javier Moreno with one mission: to protect animals. The enthusiasm for and commitment to that mission has only grown since then and has enabled us to deliver impactful results for animals.
Today, Animal Equality is one of the most effective advocates for farmed animals in the world, working on four continents on behalf of farmed animals. We are working in countries where there is the most opportunity to create lasting, systemic change for animals. We work with society, governments, and companies so that we can achieve our vision: a world in which all animals are protected and respected.