Terms of Employment: Full Time, At Will, Exempt
Reports to: Executive Vice President
Position Location: Remote, USA mainland
Animal Equality is an international farmed animal advocacy organization that is dedicated to defending animals through public education, campaigns, and investigations. Animal Equality has offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, Spain, Mexico, Brazil, and India.
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for producing and managing the day-to-day communications of Animal Equality in the United States in collaboration with the Communications Manager and other staff from the Communications and Marketing Departments.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Generate content that engages the audience and leads to measurable action.
- Create awareness and continuously improve mission-building and brand storytelling.
- Produce, distribute, and maintain print and electronic materials, including, but not limited to, newsletters, blogs, annual reports, press releases, and other content for Animal Equality websites on campaigns, news, and mission-related topics.
- Coordinate webpage and social media maintenance—ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly.
- Manage, measure, and analyze the performance of our content and the level of engagement of our audience on social media and other platforms.
- Adhere to best practices and collaborate with international affiliates and various departments to optimize online content for engagement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A commitment to Animal Equality’s vision, mission, strategy, and culture.
- Minimum three years of communications experience developing and implementing communications strategies.
- Experience independently planning, coordinating, and managing complex communication strategies.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- Proven success in growing online communities, building brand awareness, engaging audiences, and driving traffic.
- Highly effective organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in communications management and best practices across social media, websites, and traditional media outlets.
- Creative in finding new ways to convey our message.
- Sincere commitment to continuously improve, be open to learning and change practices based on research, data, and experience.
- Work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, volunteers, donors, and other organizations for the creation of content.
- Ability to self-start and work well in a team-driven environment.
- Strong working knowledge of animal rights issues.
- Strict adherence to confidentiality.
- Professional appearance and adherence to a vegan lifestyle.
- Ability to professionally advocate Animal Equality’s positions.
Please apply at: https://animalequality.org/jobs/communications-coordinator/
Benefits and Perks: Salary range between $49,000 and $55,000 depending on experience. Benefits package includes 100% employer-covered health, dental, vision insurance, paid child care leave, a generous vacation package, paid sick time, 1 paid volunteer day per year, 2 floating holidays, and 401(k) with partial employer match.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.
Please Note: We are only able to consider applicants who possess United States work authorization.
About Animal Equality
Animal Equality was founded in 2006 by Sharon Núñez, Jose Valle and Javier Moreno with one mission: to protect animals. The enthusiasm for and commitment to that mission has only grown since then and has enabled us to deliver impactful results for animals.
Today, Animal Equality is one of the most effective advocates for farmed animals in the world, working on four continents on behalf of farmed animals. We are working in countries where there is the most opportunity to create lasting, systemic change for animals. We work with society, governments, and companies so that we can achieve our vision: a world in which all animals are protected and respected.