Terms of Employment: Full-time, At-Will, Non-Exempt
Reports to: International Director of Marketing
Position Location: remote, US-based
The Copywriter is a key member of Animal Equality’s marketing and communications teams, they will connect with our supporters by using informative and persuasive storytelling to cultivate empathy and drive action.
- Understand Animal Equality’s mission, history, and brand to interpret and implement the organization’s objectives for different channels and audiences, including donors, supporters, volunteers, and event participants
- Write, review and edit compelling, clear, and strategic copy that drives results and supports key marketing initiatives while maintaining brand voice and tone according to organizational objectives and ongoing feedback
- Collaborate with the Marketing, Communication, and Fundraising teams to develop written materials in a variety of formats, including newsletters, appeals, press releases, web and interactive content, video scripts, and thought leadership pieces, considering responses from the target community
- Strategize with team members to anticipate problems, analyze solutions, identify alternatives, and suggest recommendations
- Proofread written work and online content
- Monitor campaign results and use performance data to optimize copy and inspire content decisions
- Revise content formatting to be compatible with SEO specifications
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Full alignment with Animal Equality’s vision, mission, strategy and culture
- 3+ years of professional copywriting experience with demonstrated proficiency across a spectrum of digital media (email, web, SEO, social). Experience as a copywriter in an advertising, direct marketing or fundraising capacity preferred
- Excellent writing and editing skills with experience in direct response marketing, conceptual writing in marketing or advertising, web, product, brand messaging, and promotional copy
- Good statistical analysis and reporting skills
- Knowledgeable of SEO best practices
- Ability to work cross-functionally and with a fast-paced team
- Experience working on a remote team
- Capable of handling confidential information
- Organization: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information, and activities
- Problem Solving: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
- Strategic Thinking: Assesses options and actions based on trends and conditions in the environment, and the vision and values of the organization
- Proactiveness: Have an attitude that is focused on impact and problem-solving
- Growth Mindset: Always be looking to grow, learn and improve. Place the same importance on one’s own learning and professional development that the organization does
- Adherence to Animal Equality’s staff traits
- A passion for Animal Equality’s mission
Compensation: $40,000 to $45,000
Benefits and Perks: 100% employer-covered health, dental, and vision insurance, 401k plan with partial employer match, generous paid time off, paid sick time and public holidays, 2 floating holidays per year, 1 volunteer day per year.
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Please Note: We are only able to consider applicants who possess United States work authorization.
About Animal Equality
Animal Equality was founded in 2006 by Sharon Núñez, Jose Valle and Javier Moreno with one mission: to protect animals. The enthusiasm for and commitment to that mission has only grown since then and has enabled us to deliver impactful results for animals.
Today, Animal Equality is one of the most effective advocates for farmed animals in the world, working on four continents on behalf of farmed animals. We are working in countries where there is the most opportunity to create lasting, systemic change for animals. We work with society, governments, and companies so that we can achieve our vision: a world in which all animals are protected and respected.