Terms of Employment: Full-time, exempt, at-will
Reports to: International Director of Marketing & Executive Vice President
Position Location: Remote, U.S. mainland.
The Digital Marketing Coordinator is responsible for executing Animal Equality’s digital marketing strategy in the US. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Digital Marketing Coordinator develops an effective annual campaign that will generate income via developing “best practices” for digital fundraising, media buying and lead generation across multiple platforms. This position is ideal for a deadline-driven, detail-oriented, and well-organized self-starter who is committed to reducing animal suffering.
- Contribute, execute, and oversee a comprehensive digital fundraising strategy, including microsites, newsletters, social media, online fundraising, and video, to build an engaged online community of donors.
- Contribute to the digital fundraising calendar, provide suggested content, and respond rapidly to digital fundraising opportunities.
- Segment donors on a regular basis and identify opportunities to motivate giving among those constituencies and segments. Help identify target audiences and plan media campaigns.
- Set up and monitor effective media buying strategies (Meta, Google and Youtube), negotiating and purchasing ad space and time slots with various media outlets. Ensure ads are creative, consistent with Animal Equality strategic plan and guidelines, and displayed appropriately. Monitor costs and return on investment (ROI)
- Participate in media planning to identify target audiences and craft effective campaigns. Optimize plans and budgets according to the best media mix.
- Analyze digital fundraising data and measure appropriate KPIs including open-rate, click-through, conversion and lifetime value to ensure efficiency.
- Perform appropriate testing to maximize donor engagement and apply insights to drive future tactics and strategy.
- Apply appropriate digital strategies to provide a positive donor experience, improve the donor journey, acquire new donors, maintain retention, and engage lapsed donors.
- Write and develop ad concepts for digital fundraising campaigns including Meta platforms, as well as YouTube and Google (Google Ads, Display Network, and Google Grant)
- Collaborate with appropriate staff members on the planning, development and execution of crowdfunding initiatives, and other targeted campaigns to increase annual fund participation.
- Produce and ensure materials of the highest standards of editorial quality, relevance, readability, accuracy and Animal Equality brand standards.
- Research and stay abreast of digital fundraising best-practices, third-party programs, and professional development opportunities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements:
- B.A. or B.S. required.
- Three to five years of experience or comparable work with online fundraising, preferably at a nonprofit advocacy organization.
- Thorough understanding of digital fundraising and the principles of online communications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and work as a member of a team.
- Knowledge of MailChimp and Salesforce desirable.
- Familiarity with 501(c)(3) regulations a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Photoshop is a plus
- Ability to work additional hours as needed to meet deadlines and manage workflow.
- Professional appearance and adherence to a plant-based lifestyle.
- Commitment to the objectives of Animal Equality.
Salary and Benefits:
$49 to 55k annually, based on experience. Benefits package includes 100% employer-covered health, dental, vision, paid child care leave, a generous vacation package, paid sick time, 1 paid volunteer day per year, 2 floating holidays, and 401(k) with partial employer match.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please Note: We are only able to consider applicants who possess United States work authorization.
About Animal Equality
Animal Equality was founded in 2006 by Sharon Núñez, Jose Valle and Javier Moreno with one mission: to protect animals. The enthusiasm for and commitment to that mission has only grown since then and has enabled us to deliver impactful results for animals.
Today, Animal Equality is one of the most effective advocates for farmed animals in the world, working on four continents on behalf of farmed animals. We are working in countries where there is the most opportunity to create lasting, systemic change for animals. We work with society, governments, and companies so that we can achieve our vision: a world in which all animals are protected and respected.