● Terms of employment: Full-time, exempt
● Reports to: Director of Communications and Publicity
● Location: Los Angeles, CA; Washington, DC; or Remote
● Benefits: Remote work, flexible hours, health benefits, room for advancement
Animal Outlook (AO) is a national non-profit animal protection organization working to disrupt
animal agribusiness and create a kinder world for all. AO is seeking a Digital Engagement
Strategist to maintain and grow the organization’s social media and online presence,
engagement, and donor base, as well as publicizing AO’s programmatic work, achievements, and
Animal Outlook is hiring a digital engagement strategist to help strategize, write, design, and
implement our full array of digital programs including social media (Facebook, Instagram,
YouTube, Twitter, and LinkedIn), news media and public relations, blog posts and other web
content, development and fundraising content, email newsletters, and associated collateral for
With the Director of Communications and Publicity, the Digital Engagement Strategist will
create and run an effective digital engagement program by establishing and implementing a
strategic and cohesive voice that represents Animal Outlook and by building and implementing a
process to increase engagement, followership, and donations. The Digital Engagement Strategist
also will assist with maximizing the impact of Animal Outlook’s investigative, legal, corporate
engagement and outreach work through owned and earned media by consistently communicating
Animal Outlook messaging to current and future supporters, pre-vegan and vegan, donors and
other key stakeholders. Working with the Director of Communications and Publicity, the Digital
Engagement Strategist will brainstorm and implement ways to tell stories about Animal
Outlook’s programmatic work and mainstreaming vegan ethics that will generate media attention
and social media shareability, engagement, and follower growth while also driving traffic to the
Animal Outlook web site. Also assisting in Development, the Digital Engagement Strategist will
work on donation asks through eAppeals and social media.
1. Proven track record building and growing social media accounts with a large following
(100+K) and high engagement across multiple platforms including Facebook, Instagram,
Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. Strong understanding of SEO and social media best
practices. Basic video editing skills a plus.
2. General analytics, Google Analytics, and A/B testing experience, ideally including
methods training for application of social science principles.
3. Deep knowledge of social media trends and scheduling tools such as Tweetdeck, graphic
design programs such as Photoshop, blogging tools such as WordPress and email
marketing tools such as MailChimp.
4. Ability to create and manage Facebook ads; knowledge of ad analytics and tracking tools
such as Facebook Pixel.
5. Excellent writing and editing skills across a variety of platforms, with specific experience
writing for advocacy organizations for communications and development purposes.
Specific experience in nonprofit fundraising, including grant writing and other written
communication with donors and supporters, is a plus.
6. Project management and organizational experience and skills, high level of organization
and analytical skills; project management or equivalent certifications a plus.
7. Bachelor’s degree and at least five years of relevant work experience required.
8. Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, remote environment.
9. Entrepreneurial spirit, strong problem-solving skills and creative thinking skills.
10. Flexibility and openness to evolving responsibilities.
11. PR and marketing experience is a plus.
12. Experience with high-profile people including celebrities and major donors is a plus.
13. Demonstrated commitment to Animal Outlook’s mission.
14. The ability to manage multiple projects at once and change direction as needed.
Benefits: Health and retirement, generous vacation package.
About Animal Outlook
Animal Outlook (AO) is a national non-profit animal protection charity working to disrupt animal agribusiness and create a kinder world for all. AO is seeking a Director of Operations to oversee the organization’s operational function, manage and fulfill HR needs, and assist with finance management.