APPLY AT ANIMALOUTLOOK.ORG/JOBS.
ONLY APPLICATIONS THROUGH OUR WEBSITE WILL BE CONSIDERED.
- Terms of employment: Full-time, exempt
- Reports to: Executive Director
- Supervises: Operations Associate and oversees outside accountant
- Location: Remote
- Benefits: Remote work, flexible hours, health benefits, room for advancement
Salary: $60-65K DOE
Animal Outlook (AO) is a national nonprofit 501(c)(3) animal advocacy organization. AO strategically challenges the status quo of animal agribusiness through undercover investigations, legal advocacy, corporate and food system reform, and empowering everyone to choose vegan. AO is seeking a Director of Operations and Human Resources to oversee the organization’s operational function, manage and fulfill HR needs, and assist with finance management.
Oversee AO’s day-to-day operations to ensure federal, state, and local compliance. Work closely with the Operations Associate and AO accountant to meet internal and external requirements of the organization.
- Coordinate with and supervise Operations Associate
- Review, update, and maintain job descriptions on an annual basis
- Liaise with insurance brokers and ensure AO maintains proper insurance
- Set up codes for restricted donations and grants and ensure that team members use proper codes
- Review and update existing organizational operating procedures on a regular basis and establish new procedures as needed
- Ensure compliance with organizational policies
- Serve as external point person for operations/financial/HR third party contractors and firms
- Identify and ensure all legal requirements are met by the organization (e.g., state and local filings, annual reports, etc.)
- Coordinate with AO accountant and audit firm
- Serve as lead contact and coordinator for yearly audit
- Run payroll and prepare payroll files for accountant
- Continuously track income and spending and create and maintain an up-to-date budget
- Review and approve team members’ expense reports and ensure third parties are paid timely
- Provide monthly financial statement review and reconciliation approvals
- Manage personnel matters
- Execute staff onboarding and offboarding or termination
- Promote positive and productive work culture
- Collaborate with department heads in planning organizational retreats, in-house training and team-building events
- Assist with employee relations and conduct troubleshooting, training programs, and disciplinary action, as needed
- Work with individual team members to facilitate continued professional development
- Oversee staff benefits and suggest improvements
Qualifications/Who We’re Looking For:
- Finance management experience (nonprofit audit experience a plus)
- Accounting knowledge and ability to review monthly financial statements
- Excellent complex problem solving skills and analytical skills
- Proven experience (3+ years) in management of multiple department coordination, human resources, or finance. Project management or equivalent certifications preferred.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Strong writing, public speaking, and communications skills and experience
- Strong Excel skills
- Positive, assertive, and outgoing attitude, and strong interpersonal and social skills
- Commitment to the core values of the organization
- Degree in business, management, and/or non-profit management
- experience running audits for a nonprofit organization
- Familiarity with Quickbooks, OnPay, and banking systems
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Expensify, and Google Drive a plus
About Animal Outlook
Animal Outlook (AO) is a national non-profit animal protection charity working to disrupt animal agribusiness and create a kinder world for all. AO is seeking a Director of Operations to oversee the organization’s operational function, manage and fulfill HR needs, and assist with finance management.