Organization: Animal Place is a nonprofit sanctuary for farmed animals and an education/advocacy organization. It operates two shelters in northern California. Its headquarters is located on 600-acres in Grass Valley, (60 miles north of Sacramento). This position will be working out of the Grass Valley site.
Animal Place’s mission: to provide refuge for unwanted farmed animals, to further their welfare through education of the public and to foster ethics of compassion and responsibility towards nonhuman animals by advocating a vegan lifestyle.
Job Title: Social Media Coordinator
Job Status: Full-Time, 40-hours per week with a flexible work schedule
Job Location: Hybrid schedule with minimum of one-full day onsite at our Grass Valley, CA location
Position Description: As an integral member of the Programs Department team, the Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for increasing sustainable engagement on each social media platform, expanding Animal Place’s presence both online and offline through outreach efforts, and provide administrative assistance to the Program Department.
Reports to: Program Manager
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead the management of social media for the organization including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, YouTube, TikTok
- Expand online presence
- Create content related to Animal Place and its mission for social media channels
- Communicate and engage with social media, responding to comments and messages in a timely and effective manner
- Stay informed on news and media related to social media and animal rights
- Assist in the integration of social and mobile media into organization’s platform and messaging
- Manage potential advertising in social media
- Communicate and coordinate the social media calendar in collaboration with the Development Team and Programs Team
- Track analytic data with certain social media platforms and track effectiveness
- Assist programs department with onsite/offsite events
- Assist programs department with outreach efforts to local community and vegan community at-large
- Promote, assist in the scheduling of, and run guided sanctuary tours (in-person) throughout the year
- Schedule and table at offsite events related to Animal Place’s mission
- Work to facilitate increased community awareness
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Program Manager
- Strong interest in promoting veganism and animal rights, specifically farmed animals
- Experience managing social media platforms effectively
- Familiarity with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Tumblr, TikTok
- Experience with data-tracking analytics (e.g., Google Analytics, Meta Business Suite, Hootsuite, etc.)
- Strong and proven ability to communicate effectively and tactfully online
- Experience publishing and creating content for and on blogs, photo/video sharing sites, social networking with a good online reputation (samples required)
- Experience and familiarity with Google Drive, Hootsuite, WordPress, Weebly, etc.
- Excellent public speaking and writing skills (samples required)
- Comfortable and confident working collaboratively in a group setting
- Comfortable and confident working independently
- Flexible schedule
- Skilled at managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
Salary: $17-19 per hour (depending on experience) + benefits
Benefits: Health care after 3-month probation; 6 paid holidays; 10 days’ vacation, 403(b)
How to apply: Send resume and cover letter to email address provided in the “apply button” with Social Media Coordinator in the title.
Animal Place is fully committed to equal employment opportunity, and company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, gender, religion, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, ancestry, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
About Animal Place
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: Animal Place is a non-profit animal rights organization promoting the protection of farmed animals and vegan lifestyle. We operate several facilities throughout California. A 600-acre sanctuary in Grass Valley, CA serves as a permanent haven for farmed animals as well as an education and advocacy center. We also have a satellite sanctuary in Petaluma that is home to our Rescue & Adoption Center. If you are unfamiliar with Animal Place, visit our website at www.animalplace.org before applying.