Job Description: The full-time Animal Caregiver assists in the care of 400 animals (pigs, chickens, cows, turkeys, sheep, goats, rabbits, donkeys) at the sanctuary under supervision of the Animal Care Director. Animal Caregivers are responsible for the cleaning, feeding, and medical care of the animals. See below for specific responsibilities and duties.
Immediate Supervisor: Animal Care Director
- Passionate about working for and with farmed animals
- Keen interest in the animal welfare/rights movement is encouraged
- Good animal behavior and observation skills
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Able to follow detailed instructions and meet time sensitive demands
- Able to learn and process new information quickly
- Team player and self motivator
- Follows directions
- Reliable and dependable
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions, including cold/wet weather (average low is 35F) and hot summers (average high is 95-100F)
- Able to lift 40-50 pounds and perform strenuous/manual labor
- Work well with a variety of people
- Committed to Animal Place’s mission and a desire to be a part of the Animal Place family
- Willing to work on weekend/holidays/varying shift times
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record (subject to verification)
- Vegan diet preferred
- Animal feeding/watering and maintaining animal feed schedules
- Daily animal health care and maintaining treatment records
- Daily cleaning duties and maintaining the shelter areas
- Aiding with weekly health checks
- Assisting with veterinary visits and setting up treatment protocols
- Completing shelter projects as assigned
Hours/Days: 40 hours/week, days vary; schedule subject to change at any time, required to work most holidays.
Benefits: Health care coverage after 3-month probation period, 403(b) plan w/ match, paid vacation and holiday
Start Date: Immediate
How to Apply: Send cover letter and resume to Humanresources @ animalplace.org or apply here: Full-Time Animal Caregiver | Animal Place.
Animal Place is fully committed to equal employment opportunity, and company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, gender, religion, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, ancestry, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
About Animal Place
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: Animal Place is a non-profit animal rights organization promoting the protection of farmed animals and vegan lifestyle. We operate several facilities throughout California. A 600-acre sanctuary in Grass Valley, CA serves as a permanent haven for farmed animals as well as an education and advocacy center. We also have a satellite sanctuary in Petaluma that is home to our Rescue & Adoption Center. If you are unfamiliar with Animal Place, visit our website at www.animalplace.org before applying.