Job Title: Adoption Coordinator
Position Objectives: To find permanent placement for hens rescued from the egg industry, various other farmed animals, and dogs. To expand and maintain adoption outreach and database. Assist with animal care duties as necessary. Travel and host adoption events, as needed.
Job Status: Full-time, Live-in, Petaluma, CA
Reports to: Animal Care and Property Manager
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Secure placement for adoptable animals
- Screen adoption applicants
- Interview potential adopters
- Perform site inspections, as needed
- Outreach and engagement with animal shelters to grow Flock Partner program
- Communicate with all potential & approved adopters
- Maintain adopter database
- Coordinate adoptions onsite and offsite
- Coordinate and run adoption events
- Coordinate transport of animals as needed
- Develop and keep adoption ads/sites up to date
- Collaborate with programs department to advertise adoption events accordingly
- Assist with placement of farmed animals not in Animal Place custody
- Monitor California shelters for farmed animals needing placement
- Communicate with partnering shelters and sanctuaries
- Assist with various animal care duties as needed including barn cleaning, feeding, opening and closing of barns, declumping, and administering medications
- Assist Animal Care and Property Manager as needed
Additional Live-in responsibilities include: Being on-call 3-4 times a week and assisting with after-hour emergencies
- Strong communication skills
- Volunteer or employment work in adoption management preferred
- Strong people skills
- Comfortable communicating on the phone
- Enjoys interacting with the public
- Comfortable managing sensitive situations, including declining prospective adopters
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Experience and familiarity with Google Drive
- Comfortable and confident working collaboratively in a group setting and individually
- Comfortable working remotely or in an office setting
- Flexible schedule, including working adoption events on weekends
- Skilled at managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- Comfortable handling or learning to handle chickens, sheep, goats, and other farmed animals.
- Strong interest in promoting veganism and animal rights, specifically farmed animals
Salary: 14$/hr- evaluate in 6-mos with potential pay increase
Housing is a one bedroom, one bathroom cottage. Single occupancy only. Companion animals subject to approval.
How to apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Adoption Coordinator in subject line.
About Animal Place
Who is Animal Place?
Animal Place has been around for YEARS. Since 1989, we’ve provided sanctuary to farmed animals saved from cruelty. We pride ourselves on not only saving lives (32,000 and counting) but also offering robust vegan advocacy programs. We don’t just save lives, we work to prevent suffering through humane education. Our main sanctuary is on 600-acres in Grass Valley, California. Our second facility is in Petaluma, on 12-acres. There, we legally liberate hens from egg farms, help them recover, then find them forever homes through our rescue & adoption program. Oh, and we have a house for residential interns and a guest house for overnight visitors!
So you would be joining one of the largest, oldest, and - dare we say it - BEST sanctuaries in the country! And if you have not heard of us, we suggest you visit our website and make sure our ethics align with yours: animalplace.org