Here is your chance to obtain professional vegan advocacy experience while traveling across cities in the United States!
Our Brave the Cage internship is a perfect opportunity to directly impact the lives of hens in the egg industry. While touring the Southwest for a month, you will participate in Brave the Cage events, create social media content for the campaign, and produce your own animal rights project. The perfect candidate is a dedicated vegan who is comfortable with public speaking and wishes to further develop their outreach skills to help farmed animals!
This internship will tour the Southwest USA from February 18 – March 17, 2018!
- Directly outreach for hens on a daily basis
- Educate the public about veganism and help change behavior
- Improve public speaking and communication skills
- Learn how to leaflet, table, and prepare for events
- Contribute to the change for farmed animals
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in daily Brave the Cage tabling events: encourage the public to get inside the cage, leaflet, and discuss animal right issues
- Assist in coordinating Brave the Cage events and recruiting volunteers
- Create social media content for Brave the Cage’s Facebook page
- Produce a project which contributes to the protection of farmed animals or the vegan community
- Attend weekly educational sessions
- Assist in managing expenses and other necessary paperwork
- Extensive knowledge of animal rights issues pertaining to farmed animals, especially on the egg industry
- Interest and commitment to advocating on behalf of farmed animals
- Comfortable discussing veganism with a compassionate demeanor
- Strong communication and public speaking skills
- Strong time management skills coupled with proven organizational skills
- Flexible to unexpected changes in events or the schedule
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office or similar technology platforms
- Comfortable sitting in a car and standing outside at events for extended hours
- Willingness to travel and live with Brave the Cage staff throughout the tour
- Important Information: Unpaid internship, 1 position available
- Age Requirement: 18 and older, no exceptions.
- Companion Animals: Not permitted.
- Housing: Provided, your own bed in shared hotel rooms with Brave the Cage staff throughout the tour.
- Food: Not provided, must pay for your own.
- Materials: Must provide a personal laptop.
- Transportation: Pick-up and drop-off to the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), Long Beach Airport (LGB), or Long Beach Bus Station. Will be driven by Brave the Cage staff on the tour.
- Medical Insurance: You must provide your own health insurance coverage. Proof required prior to start of internship.
- Refundable Deposit: To secure your spot, you must provide a $200 refundable deposit. If this is a financial burden, please email email@example.com to ask about our deposit scale. Deposit is made after position is offered and accepted and refunded after tour ends .
- Internship Length: Approximately one month, must arrive to Los Angeles on the tour starting date and leave out of Los Angeles on the last day of the tour.
- Capabilities: Applicants should be able to meet the requirements outlined in the Essential Capabilities Document.
Please reach out if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Animal Place
Animal Place is one of the largest and oldest sanctuaries for farmed animals in the country. Animal Place operates a 600-acre permanent refuge home to hundreds of cows, pigs, sheep, chickens, turkeys, rabbits and goats. Animal Place's second facility is located on 60-acres in Vacaville, CA and rescues, rehabilitates and rehomes farm animals with a special emphasis on hens from the egg industry. Each year, more than 2,500 chickens, turkeys, goats, sheep and other farmed animals find new homes through our rescue and adoption program.