Staff APNM’s helpline to:
· Ensure companion animals of domestic violence victims find safe and confidential access to temporary housing and care through our Companion Animal Rescue Effort (CARE), maintain and expand the CARE network, maintain the CARE database and complete required reporting, coordinate with partner organizations to meet training and outreach needs; and,
· Coordinate assistance for equines in need, working with individuals, organizations, and agencies, through our Equine Protection Fund.
Skills and Competency Areas:
· Excellent “people skills” including listening, flexibility, compassionate and non-judgmental attitude
· Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills
· Highly organized
· Skill in setting priorities to complete work in a timely manner when there are changes in workload and/or assignment, pressures of deadlines, competing requirements, and/or heavy workload
· Skill in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal direction
· Desire to work in and support a team environment and its goals
· Ability to maintain a sense of calm in the face of strong emotions, resistance, or indifference
· Macintosh computer-literate, and experienced in using variety of computer software including email, Microsoft Office products (particularly Excel), and FileMaker or similar database
· Familiarity with New Mexico preferred
Ability for some travel in New Mexico and/or neighboring states for outreach and/or training preferred.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
Must be able to perform job duties in a normal office/work environment. May require lifting and carrying program materials. Wheeled carts can be utilized for heavier items.
· College degree and/or previous experience in client, animal, legal or victim advocacy preferred
· Fluent in Spanish helpful but not required
About Animal Protection of New Mexico
Animal Protection of New Mexico (APNM) is a statewide nonprofit animal advocacy organization that started in 1979, with a paid staff of about 18 individuals and numerous volunteers. With offices in Albuquerque and Santa Fe, Animal Protection of New Mexico is an equal opportunity employer whose work, approaches, and decisions are informed by guiding principles. Our dedication to employee health and wellness is reflected in the generous benefits package we offer, including opportunities for mindfulness training to help employees build resilience over time, the ability to earn flexible work arrangements, and more.