Challenge 22 is the flagship project of Animals Now (formerly Anonymous for Animal Rights), an Israeli NGO established in 1994, promoting animal protection and cruelty-free living.
Challenge 22 offers participants a free, supportive online framework for trying veganism for 22 days. More than 400K people from all over the world have participated in the project since its launch in March 2014.
While similar programs around the world are based on vegan starter kits and email guides, Challenge 22 is an interactive program that offers a unique combination of group support and personal mentoring
If you’ve been vegan for over six months, have patience and empathy for new vegans and the motivation to help make the vegan population grow, you’re exactly what we’re looking for! 🙂
Our Challenges take place within Facebook or WhatsApp groups, and we ask our Challenge mentors to be present in the group on a daily basis. Our goal is around 10 comments or an hour a day (can be dispersed throughout the day)
- It’s very fulfilling to help people that are already open to veganism in their first steps.
- Research shows that one of the leading factors that help vegans stay vegan is having a supportive vegan environment, and that is what we’re all about!
- Volunteering in the Challenge will teach you a lot!
- You will be working alongside some of the kindest, smartest and most supportive vegans in the world!
- Hey, you’re already on Facebook 5 hours a day… Why not help animals while you’re at it? 😉
About Animals Now
We began our mission to create a better world for animals when we established Animals Now (formerly Anonymous for Animal Rights) in Israel in 1994. Ever since, we have been fighting for animals worldwide, working to reduce suffering and save lives.
We have years of experience campaigning to free animals from the confines of cages, running investigations into the conditions they endure in animal agriculture, and empowering change across the world, from extensive educational programs to grassroots activism. We fought for – and won – the historic end to the fur trade in Israel, and our international vegan community program, Challenge 22, has helped over ¾ million people discover veganism.