Distribution to Humane Educators – ArgoFilms and THE LAST PIG
Emmy award-winning filmmaker is looking for a team member to help distribute Educational Kits for our most recent film, THE LAST PIG. We have a modest grant to distribute our Educational Videos & Guides to Humane Educators. We’re in search of a bright, committed self-starter to help set up a system to identify humane educators, determine their financial need, and distribute our educational packets. Ideally, we are looking for someone familiar with the Educational and Humane Education landscape in North America.
· Set up database and system(s) to distribute Educational Kits for THE LAST PIG
· Research and contact educators and schools
· Help create a web page/system for distribution
· Generate and track distribution/sales
· Strategize for greatest possible reach
Skills and Qualities – Applicant must be:
· Well-organized and detail-oriented
· Skilled at Research, Outreach, and Data Management
· Enthusiastic about Humane Education
· Self-reliant and motivated
· A good communicator/networker, comfortable on the phone and in emails
· Someone who takes initiative and doesn’t give up until the job is done
· A team player who will report to and collaborate closely with the film’s director
· Basic knowledge of Excel, Word, Google docs, Dropbox, spreadsheets and databases
· Basic knowledge of WordPress a plus
Schedule & Pay
25-30 hours/week, starting immediately. Hours are flexible but should fall primarily during general business hours Mon-Fri.
Our production office is based on Cape Cod, MA, but this position can be filled remotely.
Must have updated computer, consistent internet, and ability to Skype, Zoom or Google Chat.
The new hire is asked to make a commitment of at least three months and will report twice weekly to the film’s director. A longer collaboration is possible. We will assess our collaboration after 4 weeks.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to Allison at email@example.com. The cover letter should explain why you would like to collaborate, what you hope to get out of the position, and why you feel you have the necessary qualities and skills. References required.
ArgoFilms is a small but prestigious independent film company based on Cape Cod, MA. Our documentaries speak out for non-human animals and have won six national Emmys + over 80 awards globally. Broadcast by PBS and National Geographic (www.argofilms.com) they have reached audiences worldwide. We recently completed our first independent feature, THE LAST PIG (www.thelastpig.com), and are in the process of distribution.