Sales Executive – West
Home based in Western USA
Atlantic Natural Foods LLC, Nashville, NC
Opportunity exists to participate in the evolution of Plant-Based Proteins with Atlantic Natural Foods (ANF), the producer of iconic brands Loma Linda, neat and Kafree Roma. ANF is a leader in the creation of shelf stable plant-based foods, healthy baking creations and non-caffeine alternative beverages, and with products already available in natural, grocery, club, e-comm and export channels, we are looking for that unique individual to help manage and further grow our brands in the retail and natural channels.
We are creating 2 new junior sales positions, one East and one West. The Western Sales Executive will be responsible for sales of ANF’s branded products to select distributors and regional retailers in both natural and conventional retail categories, west of the Mississippi. This will include managing our broker partners, and developing positive relationships with brokers, distributor teams, and account buyers.
The successful applicant will be involved in the development and implementation of the company’s natural and retail sales strategy, and as such will come with experience in food sales, account management, broker management, and experience using key distributors such as UNFI and KeHE.
Come create the future and make a difference in providing healthy, sustainable, food that tastes great.
“Good for you good for the Planet”
Essential Job Functions/Key Responsibilities:
· Interview, hire and manage key broker partners in Western US markets.
· Manage and direct national and regional distributors’ account management and retail teams to secure new business with regional and independent customers.
· Plan/carry out/support local marketing activities to agreed budgets and timescales, and integrate personal sales efforts with other organized marketing activities, e.g., product launches, promotions, advertising, and trade shows.
· Attend and present at external customer meetings and internal meetings with company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development.
· Frequent travel and consistent joint sales calls with company Brokers or Distributors, establishing and maintaining an excellent working relationship with company partners, and new customers.
· Gain Distribution with Natural Products Distributors according to company objectives.
· Make direct sales calls to large Natural and Conventional retail chains.
· Establish direct, regular communication with sales brokers via telephone, email and in person visits.
· Attend trade shows and distributor table tops and selling shows as required.
· Increase sales revenue and distribution within the Natural Products and Conventional channels according to company goals and expectations, while keeping within trade spend budgets.
· Any other activities as directed by EVP Sales & Marketing.
Education and/or skills and experience needed
- Passion to make a real change in how we eat and desire to make a difference
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales/Marketing, Business or other related fields preferred.
- 3-5 years of Food Sales experience required.
- Recent experience managing customers, distributors and broker networks.
- Experience in developing marketing and sales strategies.
- Ability to travel up to 50%, manage and influence others, work from home, be self-motivated and able to lead and influence cross-functional teams.
- Sales data analysis on the natural channel or spins data.
- Have a technical understanding of spreadsheets, databases, financial analysis, to create and maintain monthly report/analysis that tracks sales, growth, and ROIs on marketing spend.
Familiarity with Trade Promotion Management and forecasting and experience in developing marketing and sales strategies.
Strong interpersonal and fact-based selling skills; results-oriented.
Team player with excellent verbal, written, analytical and formal presentation skills.
Reports to :
· EVP Sales & Marketing
About Atlantic Natural Foods
Creation of shelf stable plant-based foods, healthy baking creations and non-caffeine alternative beverages