Barn Sanctuary Internships are designed to create hands-on work experience where a student seeking experience or a person considering a career change can be immersed into the operations of a designated department. Interns will gain valuable experience and professional references. Internships have a strong educational component with a method of demonstrating learned experience so that the intern is the primary beneficiary of the internship.
Fundraising interns gain experience in fund development, donor management and communication, and sponsor recruitment.
The intern will report to the Development Director while working as part of a larger team to implement the projects in coordination with the marketing, event planning and programming staff and volunteers.
We truly value our interns and volunteers and look forward to hearing from you.
- We can offer flexibility with weekly hours and length of the internship to accommodate academic/work schedules.
- Full or part time internships are available, minimum of 10 hours per week.
- Eight week minimum commitment, twelve week commitment preferred.
- Openings are available year-round. An effort is made to accommodate the scheduling requirements of prospective interns.
- This internship will be performed primarily remotely but occasional on-site work is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
Each intern’s skills, experience and interests are taken into consideration to determine the exact nature of the scope of duties. In general, interns can expect to:
- Provide support for a variety of donor appreciation activities including preparation of thank you notes and donation receipts.
- Learn the fundamentals of EveryAction CRM (Customer Relationship Management) platform and assist with data entry of donor contact information and donations.
- Help develop and implement strategies for securing new event sponsors.
- Participate in weekly virtual meetings with the development director and more frequently if needed.
- Assist with additional resource and fund development projects.
- Interest in nonprofit management and fund development
- Commitment to Barn Sanctuary’s organization goals and mission
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong skills with Excel, Google drive, sheets and docs
- Detail oriented with good written and verbal communications skills
- Flexibility and openness to a multitude of tasks
- Willingness to learn new things
About Barn Sanctuary
Barn Sanctuary is a 501(c)3 nonprofit sanctuary dedicated to rescuing, rehabilitating and caring for farmed animals that have been abused, abandoned, slated for death or are victims of natural disasters. We show farmed animals in a new light, highlighting their individuality by sharing their unique stories and educating the public about the treatment of animals raised for human consumption. We envision a world in which farmed animals are seen as individuals and treated with empathy and compassion.