Job Title: Marketing Manager
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent, Exempt
Location: Chelsea, MI
Salary: $55k to $60k
Closing Date: until filled
Barn Sanctuary is seeking a Marketing Manager to run all communication and marketing campaigns for the nonprofit. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for producing and measuring marketing initiatives across Barn Sanctuary social media channels, creating strategies for and operating email campaigns, managing website content, and ensuring all digital assets are brand compliant. Understanding that the digital world is a dynamic and ever changing landscape, the Marketing Manager will work with the executive and development staff to create a strategic and flexible approach to our digital engagement.
We are looking for a self-starter who is strategic in their approach to marketing, data-oriented, and impact-driven with a keen understanding that in the nonprofit world marketing is directly linked to fundraising. The Marketing Manager must be comfortable juggling multiple projects at once and working with various departments on different organizational initiatives. The role requires someone who is a quick learner, adaptable, enthusiastic, curious, hard-working, and meticulous.
The Marketing Manager must possess basic creative skills like photo editing, video editing, and graphic design and know how to utilize these digital assets for storytelling across various marketing mediums. The Marketing Manager must also be adept at writing for social media, blogs, e-newsletters, editorials, and advertisements, demonstrating an understanding of the Barn voice, who our audience is, and how to attract and engage them.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to develop and implement digital growth strategies for the nonprofit.
- Formulate and execute successful email marketing and social media strategies aligned with development and education objectives.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of social and marketing communication channels to provide innovative suggestions and proposals for campaign launches and momentum-building initiatives.
- Craft compelling multimedia digital storytelling content to support educational initiatives, fundraising efforts, and support the President’s social media presence.
- Develop and manage content strategies and calendars to ensure a consistent and engaging online presence.
- Plan and execute all aspects of inbound and outbound email campaigns to effectively reach target audiences.
- Foster engagement with Barn Sanctuary followers, fans, and donors across various digital platforms.
- Lead merchandise campaigns and contribute to the design of new merchandise.
- Regularly update and maintain the organization’s website to reflect current initiatives and information.
- Establish and maintain measurable metrics for all marketing activities, providing quarterly and annual reports to showcase effectiveness.
- Create visually appealing graphics, images, and designs for diverse projects.
- Oversee the accuracy and integrity of all online content to maintain a positive and credible online presence.
- Ensure consistent and clear Barn Sanctuary branding across all communication channels.
- Ensure Barn Sanctuary branding is clear and practiced across channels
- Run day-to-day social media and email newsletters, in concert with and in support of the President’s social media presence
- Create successful email marketing and social media strategies to support programs and development goals
- Prepare and execute all inbound/outbound email campaigns
- Provide creative graphics, images, and designs for various projects
- Create merchandise campaigns and spearhead the design of new merchandise
- Use their extensive understanding of all social and marketing communication channels to provide suggestions and proposals to help launch campaigns or build momentum in new and creative ways
- Build and manage content strategies and content calendars
- Engage Barn Sanctuary followers, fans, and donors in various content forms across all digital platforms online
- Write and create multimedia content
- Update and maintain the website
- Work with executive staff to create strategies for growth and scalability
- Ensure all Barn Sanctuary marketing activities are measurable and demonstrate effectiveness in quarterly and annual reports
- Work with the development department to create processes for recording critical performance data
- Creating a process for testing new cross-channel acquisition and engagement strategies
- Overseeing the accuracy and integrity of all online content
- Storytelling for education and fundraising to support the overall success of the nonprofit
- 4-year degree in a related field or applicable experience
- At least 3 years of direct experience in marketing and external communications
- Extensive knowledge of various social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, X, Thread, and YouTube). Must be able to communicate the unique role each channel serves, the specific capabilities of each and how each can be leveraged in creative ways to serve a nonprofit mission
- Experience building email marketing strategies and using audience segmentation to personalize campaigns and A/B test
- Must be multimedia savvy: know when and how to use video and photography as creative assets
- Exceptional writing and grammar skills
- Extremely tech and systems savvy
- Good graphic design skills using Adobe Suite
- Demonstrated knowledge of building and running editorial calendars
- Demonstrated knowledge of building and maintaining brand integrity and compliance
- Demonstrated knowledge of customer service, and engagement etiquette and know how to build meaningful relationships online
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Barn Sanctuary is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
About Barn Sanctuary
At Barn Sanctuary, we rescue and rehabilitate abused and neglected farmed animals while providing a safe haven where they can recover and thrive.