Job Title: Marketing Manager
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent, Exempt
Location: Chelsea, MI
Salary: $50k to $60k
Closing Date: until filled
Barn Sanctuary is seeking a Marketing Manager to run all communication and marketing campaigns. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for producing and measuring marketing initiatives across Barn Sanctuary social channels, creating strategies for and operating email campaigns, managing website content, and ensuring all digital assets are brand compliant. The Marketing Manager will work with the executive and development staff to push Barn Sanctuary program and fundraising initiatives across all platforms and digital channels.
The Marketing Manager must possess basic creative skills like photo editing and graphic design and know how to utilize these digital assets for storytelling across various marketing mediums. The Marketing Manager must also be adept at writing for social media, blogs, e-newsletters, editorials, and advertisements, demonstrating an understanding of who our audience is and how to attract and engage them.
We are looking for a self-starter who is strategic in their approach to marketing, data-oriented, and impact-driven; a creative mind with a knack for measuring campaign effectiveness. The Marketing Manager must be comfortable juggling multiple projects at once and working with various departments on different organizational initiatives. The role requires someone who is a quick learner, adaptable, enthusiastic, curious, hard-working, and meticulous.
- Ensure Barn Sanctuary branding is clear and practiced across channels
- Run day-to-day social media and email newsletters, in concert with and in support of the President’s social media presence
- Create successful email marketing and social media strategies to support programs and development goals
- Prepare and execute all inbound/outbound email campaigns
- Provide creative graphics, images, and designs for various projects
- Create merchandise campaigns and spearhead the design of new merchandise
- Use their extensive understanding of all social and marketing communication channels to provide suggestions and proposals to help launch campaigns or build momentum in new and creative ways
- Build and manage content strategies and content calendars
- Engage Barn Sanctuary followers, fans, and donors in various content forms across all digital platforms online
- Write and create multimedia content
- Update and maintain the website
- Work with executive staff to create strategies for growth and scalability
- Ensure all Barn Sanctuary marketing activities are measurable and demonstrate effectiveness in quarterly and annual reports
- Work with the development department to create processes for recording critical performance data
- Creating a process for testing new cross-channel acquisition and engagement strategies
- Overseeing the accuracy and integrity of all online content
- Storytelling for education and fundraising to support the overall success of the nonprofit
- Complete COVID-19 vaccination as recommended by the CDC is required for employment
- 4-year degree in a related field or applicable experience
- At least 3 years of direct experience in marketing and external communications
- Extremely tech and systems savvy, familiarity with Mailchimp, Donor CRM,
- WordPress, and Squarespace
- Good graphic design skills using Adobe Suite
- Experience building and running editorial calendars
- Exceptional writing and grammar skills
- Extensive knowledge of various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and YouTube). Must be able to communicate the unique role each channel serves, the specific capabilities of each and how it can be leveraged in creative ways to serve a nonprofit mission
- Experience building and maintaining brand integrity and compliance
- Experience using Google Analytics, building key performance reports, with a key aptitude for using data to inform tactics
- Experience building email marketing strategies and using audience segmentation to personalize campaigns and A/B test
- Can demonstrate knowledge of customer service, and engagement etiquette and know how to build meaningful relationships online
- Must be multimedia savvy: know when and how to use video and photography as creative assets
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Barn Sanctuary is an equal opportunity employer that strictly prohibits discrimination against any employee, independent contractor, volunteer, or applicant for any position because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Barn Sanctuary is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
About Barn Sanctuary
Barn Sanctuary is dedicated to rescuing and rehabilitating abused and neglected farmed animals by creating a safe haven where these individuals can recover, thrive, and serve as an example for why we strive to lead society towards a plant-based lifestyle.
We envision a world in which farmed animals are seen as individuals and treated with empathy and compassion.