Reports to: Head of Communications
Location: Berlin, Germany or London, UK
Hours: part-time or full-time
Beyond Carnism is a US-based, international organization dedicated to exposing and transforming carnism, the invisible belief system that conditions people to eat certain animals. Beyond Carnism is the first and only organization that focuses exclusively on carnism, making it a pioneering and landmark institution and a hub of international carnism-awareness activity.
Our programs and campaigns are innovative and powerful, and have been proven to have a significant global impact. We are run by a team of committed, compassionate, and exceptionally talented staffers and volunteers in the US and Europe.
Beyond Carnism is a young, vibrant organization with significant potential to grow its programs and increase its impact. It is also in the process of rebranding to incorporate a broader focus that includes social transformation, relational literacy (understanding healthy relational dynamics), and mindfulness. We are seeking a talented, dedicated, self-directed individual with a commitment to strategic thinking, animal rights, social justice, relational health, effective altruism, and personal integrity to join our team.
Are you a visual person? Do you live and breathe social media? Do you also care deeply about animal rights and social justice issues? Then this job is for you!
The Beyond Carnism/CEVA Social Media and Content Producer will help to improve and grow our social media presence, develop and publish social media content, help develop the social media strategy and manage social media pages and profiles to enhance public engagement with our work. The successful candidate will have excellent English written and spoken communication skills, and will ideally have a background in content production for social media or as a social media manager.
This role will be responsible for the overall implementation of the organization’s social media strategy as well as day-to-day planning, execution and analysis. They will work closely with the Head of Content and will also be committed to the Beyond Carnism and CEVA mission. The role is a great opportunity to drive awareness of carnism and effective vegan advocacy to a larger public.
- Create and post high impact social content (images, videos, animation/gifs and infographics)
- Help adapt and conceptualize Melanie Joy’s work from analog to digital
- Manage, maintain and execute the social media content calendar across platforms to grow community engagement, awareness, and adoption
- Implement and provide input on the social media strategy to increase the following of Beyond Carnism and CEVA
- Manage the Beyond Carnism and CEVA online communities, monitoring comments and communication with the community across all social media channels
- Grow the community by identifying accounts to engage with in order to drive traffic to our channels
- Identify trends and cultural moments on social media and get involved
- Help oversee, collect, and improve social media metrics
- Help develop and oversee social media KPIs
- Brainstorm new content productions and campaigns with the team
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of two years work experience as a social media manager and/or as a content creator/content producer focused mainly on social media
- Experience in, and passion for, managing communities and cultivating conversations and relationships with an audience
- Familiarity with platforms for scheduling, reporting, publishing and analysing social media and/or fast learner
- Strong visual sense; preferably with photography, graphic design and video editing (or even motion graphics) skills
- Strong communicator with exceptional written and verbal English communication skills (professional experience in writing or editing a plus)
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently with excellent eye for, and commitment to, detail
- Ability to plan ahead, work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives
- Ability to multitask and manage time effectively
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
Thorough knowledge of carnism and animal rights and a familiarity with other social justice issues – following them on social media as well as in the news
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the principles of effective altruism
- Strong commitment to the mission and values of Beyond Carnism, including a commitment to intersectionality and a willingness to become literate about privilege and oppression
- Willingness to take on different responsibilities and tasks as needed
- Commitment to effective communication and personal, emotional maturity
- All-round skills in copy/image design/video editing
- Experience in developing and implementing social media strategies
- Experience in social media analytics
- Experience in paid social media marketing
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and CV to Flavia D’Erasmo, Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.