After massive growth over the last year and the opening of our first outlet in Boxpark, Shoreditch, Biff’s Jack Shack is looking for a motivated person to join the central prep kitchen of our dynamic and expanding street food, event and festival business.
BJS specialise in vegan junk food made from crispy fried jackfruit (not a lentil in sight). We believe in indulgent food, great service, and a liberal use of neon. We’ve been featured in national TV and press including BBC1, The Guardian, GQ, Good Food magazine and Channel 4’s Sunday Brunch. Time Out recommend us as London’s essential vegan burger-makers.
This hands-on prep role will work closely with our kitchen manager and be at the heart of our central food production operation, turning jackfruit into gold.
We’re looking for a quick learner who likes to get stuck in, is curious about improving processes, and enjoys working efficiently in a collaborative, positive environment. As a weekday position, this role would suit someone wishing to break from the irregular hours of a lot of food work, but to remain in a fast-paced, dynamic commercial kitchen. We make up to 2000 pieces a week, so you must be quick with your hands and focussed on quantity and quality.
- Preparing and producing all our burger patties and wings by hand
- Blending and creating sauces
- Working to a high standard with good productivity
- Keeping the kitchen clean and tidy
- Supporting the market team to prep for events
- You’ll be able to stay motivated in a busy, target-led prep kitchen
- Some kitchen, food production or street food experience is a bonus
- Hygiene level 2 certificate is required (takes 2 hours to do online)
- We’re looking for someone to join the company at a pivotal time where we’re growing rapidly and developing new products and processes. We’re not perfect but we’re aiming to get better and better, and we’re after people that don’t mind getting stuck in day on day.
Roles are based in our bright and airy kitchen in Hackney Wick, to start asap.
To apply please email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and also tell us what you had for breakfast today. We had hash browns and a smoothie, don’t judge.