Are you passionate about increasing the reach of effective vegan education? Do you believe in the universal right to free, accessible, solid information about the ethical, environmental, health and social impacts of the animal products and exploitation industries? Apply to join the Bite Size Vegan team!
Please Note: The application process for this position includes, among other things, an extensive skills test that may take days to complete. Please only apply if you are certain you are able to meet the responsibilities listed below.
I am looking to bring on a full-time salaried staff member. If interested, please fill out the form and upload your resumé here.
The Program Associate is a salaried full-time position that requires taking on a diverse array of responsibilities across many areas. There will be room for advancement and specialization as the organization grows. You would be a key individual in the transition of Bite Size Vegan from a “one-woman-show” to a team-based, nonprofit organization—not only needing to be able to work with a team but also help build the team.
A passion for vegan education, the ability to manage multiple projects at once, and willingness to be flexible with work hours are a must.
- Passion for increasing the reach of open-access, barrier-free effective vegan education
- An aptitude for quick and independent learning, including new software and social media platforms
- Willing to either relocate to the Iowa City, Iowa area or at least spend a few weeks there for laying a foundation and developing initial plan of action. Moving forward the position will largely be remote/work-from-home. Work hours and times will vary based on the nature and the due dates of projects. Occasional travel will be required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness and aptitude for coordinating volunteers and independent contractors
- Exquisite organizational skills, work ethic, professionalism, and attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving, decision-making and prioritizing abilities
- An aptitude for researching, interviewing/evaluating candidates for consulting and independent contracting positions
- Willingness to be flexible with work hours, including evenings, weekends and Holidays as needed.
- Familiarity with web-based applications (like WordPress) a plus but not required
Team Structure, Volunteer & Independent Contractor Coordination
- Independently research, assess and implement a system for volunteer coordination, project management, team communication, and video distribution and promotion workflow
- Sourcing, placing, and coordinating volunteers and independent contractors
- Creating projects and teams
- Finding “stand out” reliable volunteers to develop and coordinate groups/teams
- Sourcing skilled volunteers for higher level tasks
- Research, assess and implement a system for email and contact form management
- As the team grows, assess and report suggestions when it is time to expand with opening additional position
Social Media & Outreach
- Assist with developing strategies and workflows for maintaining an active social media presence
- Assign volunteer teams to appropriate tasks
- Assess when/if an independent consultant is needed for dedicated social media management
- Collect and organize testimonials from comments, emails, messages, etc.
- Provide suggestions to identify and approach influencers and organizations in the vegan community
- Continually work to improve Bite Size Vegan’s social media outreach
Donor Relations & Management
- Assess options for and implementing a new donor management system/platform
- Coordinate the transition from the current funding platform
- Write regular updates for donors
- Manage, track and ensure delivery of donor rewards
- Find new opportunities and methods for fundraising, outreach and grant opportunities
- Stay abreast of any required filings for the nonprofit
- Coordinate and initiate timely updates and communication across “departments,” e.g. accountant, required fillings for the nonprofit, project statuses, consultants and independent contractors, etc.
- Coordinate and support volunteers
- Assist in preparing reports for our Board of Directors
- Research and suggest new ways to increase our visibility, reach, and impact
Bite Size Vegan strives to offer competitive nonprofit salaries. As the organization grows there will be opportunities for you to develop and specialize in the areas that interest you most. Additional benefits can be discussed.
Unfortunately, Bite Size Vegan is not able to sponsor work visa applications, so applicants have to be U.S. citizens or otherwise legally authorized to work in the United States. Bite Size Vegan is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, the presence of mental, physical, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
About Bite Size Vegan
Bite Size Vegan is a nonprofit providing an ever-expanding free video-based educational resource for information on all aspects of veganism—offering open-access to solid information through a central website, YouTube channel, and tailored in-person speeches delivered internationally.
From thoroughly researched academic reports, to engaging videos for kids, to moving mini-documentary style videos, Bite Size Vegan provides a wide range of educational approaches for various learning styles, and emphasizes the diversity of veganism—because it’s not about changing who you are, just what you do in relation to non-human animals.
Bite Size Vegan simplifies complex vegan issues in an enthralling, approachable way that appeals to vegans and non-vegans alike—creating new vegans and arming existing vegans with the tools they need to get active!