We’re an artisan plant-based cheese company with a focus on meeting our customers directly at farmers markets around Los Angeles. We are leaving this job posting up as we are usually looking to hire a new salesperson or salespeople (either full or part-time) every 2 to 3 months.
If you have a demonstrable passion for healthy and conscientious eating, can confidently entertain a crowd, and like to be outdoors then keep reading. Punctuality is required but the early mornings will pay off. You must thrive in an independent environment and take initiative to make our booth “your” shop.
• An outgoing and friendly personality (this is NOT a good job to try to “come out of your shell”)
• A well-thought out food philosophy
• Track record of exceptional punctuality
• Willingness to work early mornings (7am and earlier)
• Ability to lift 50lbs and be on your feet for 5-6 hours without breaks
* Must have Sunday availability to be considered for this position
• Reliable transportation large enough to load a canopy and 3 medium-sized coolers a huge plus, but will consider the right candidate that doesn’t have a large vehicle
You will be introducing our product to new customers and providing an exceptional experience to all our customers. Common responsibilities will be asking questions, actively listening, and providing information about our products to help the customer gain a deeper understanding of us and why we do what we do. You will be responsible for setting up, managing sales, and breaking down at the end of each market including delivering equipment and product back to the facility.
We’re a weird company. If you’ve done work like this before, you’ll find we have our shit together better than most and we want you to have your shit together too. We have a good training program and we think about our customer relationships on a higher level. This is a good job to develop a skill that can be leveraged into career. If this intrigues you feel free to tell us why in your reply.
Wages (commission + base pay) – $14-$22/hr
Interested applicants should reply with:
• A brief description of your food philosophy and why you would be a good fit for us
• A list of your availability on a week-to-week basis
• Type of vehicle driven
• A copy of your resume
• In order to be considered for the position, please title your email “FM Sales”