About Capital Region Vegan Network
Capital Region Vegan Network (CRVN, formerly Albany Vegan Network), is the longest-running vegan organization in the Capital District of New York. CRVN empowers our community to adopt and maintain a vegan lifestyle through outreach, education, support, and advocacy.
Each year, the organization hosts two major festivals – VEG OUT and Albany VegFest. In addition to the annual festivals, CRVN engages the community with monthly gatherings, smaller-scale educational events, food demonstrations, volunteer opportunities, animal sanctuary visits, and much more.
Position: Social Media and Outreach Coordinator
In this role, the Social Media and Outreach Coordinator will be one of two key staff members in the mostly volunteer-powered organization. Primary responsibilities will involve marketing for events, leading in-person outreach activities, and promoting engagement with CRVN as a means for increasing veganism in the region. Additionally, as a member of a small staff team, the coordinator will gain experience in supporting all facets of a grassroots not-for-profit. The Social Media and Outreach Coordinator reports to the Executive Director and works collaboratively with the Board of Directors.
Social Media Management ~40%
- Create, curate, and publish content to promote CRVN events and to highlight important themes and information about veganism (Facebook, Instagram, Meetup, TikTok)
- Monitor social media for trends, analyze platform data and report on performance
- Adapt social media content to reach target audiences, including ownership of launch of CRVN TikTok account
- Maintain consistent CRVN voice and aesthetic across platforms
Outreach and Events ~40%
- Serve as CRVN representative at public festivals, fairs, and other outreach opportunities
- Recruit and coordinate volunteer ambassador team for outreach activities
- Develop annual calendar of CRVN outreach activities, in coordination with the Executive Director
- Assist in planning and producing year-round CRVN-hosted events
General Communications, Administrative Support, and Website Management ~20%
- Utilize CRM to maintain and expand segmented email audiences
- Create and distribute monthly e-newsletter to membership
- Serve as primary correspondent for organization email inquiries
- Maintain and update CRVN’s WordPress website
- Ensure event calendar and festival web pages display current information
- Fulfill additional responsibilities as assigned
The ideal candidate will bring the following:
- Demonstrated skills and experience with:
- Communicating clearly with diverse stakeholders
- Content writing
- Web authoring
- Social media management
- Software, including Google Suite, WordPress, Facebook, Instagram, CRMs
- Video and graphic design
- Resides in greater Capital District
- Open to feedback and collaborative
- Self-starter with proactive approach
- Comfort with learning new skills and providing support in a variety of work contexts
- Fully vegan with the intention to remain so for the foreseeable future
- Commitment to inclusive and equitable practices
- On-going access to computer, internet, and telephone
- Access to reliable transportation and willingness to travel within the region
- Ability to lift and carry up to 35 lbs.
Location: Work from home in the New York Capital Region with local travel to CRVN event and outreach locations required
- $20/hour, with a maximum of $15,600 per year
- Flexible work schedule, typically 10-20 hours per week
- Some daytime, evening, and weekend hours required
We strongly encourage people of every race, color, religion, orientation, age, sex, gender, national origin, and ability to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet all the criteria. If you are passionate about CRVN’s mission, excited to learn new skills, and think you can be successful in this role, please apply. We’d appreciate the opportunity to consider your application.
In lieu of a cover letter, please answer the following questions:
- What is your motivation for applying to this role?
- What does veganism mean to you?
- Describe an experience that has prepared you for this role.
Please submit your short answer questions (maximum of 400 words total) and resume with the subject line “Social Media and Outreach Coordinator Application” by Thursday, February 23 for priority consideration. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and the position will remain open until filled.
If you have professional writing, design or social media samples available, you may choose to include those in your application.
To request a reasonable accommodation to apply for this position, please contact us.
About Capital Region Vegan Network
Capital Region Vegan Network empowers our community to adopt and maintain a vegan lifestyle through outreach, education, support, and advocacy.