The grassroots nonprofit Casa Vegana is seeking new members to join our Board of Directors. Board engagement is critical, on the ground and/or as a trusted and significant source of strategic management and leadership. Applicants should be excited about actively participating in program development and implementation and provide clear mission-based leadership.
The Casa Vegana Board of Directors is responsible for:
- Overseeing and regularly assessing CV’s programs and executive team.
- Developing and implementing CV’s strategic plan and ensuring programs and projects align with the organization’s goals and vision.
- Reviewing key metrics and performance indicators collected by the team to ensure we effectively carry out the mission.
- Coming prepared to board meetings. This entails regular attendance, reading board agendas and supporting materials, and approving board minutes. Board meetings are held monthly and online.
- Approving CV’s annual budget and taking fiduciary responsibility. We want you to understand CV finances and legal requirements and ask questions when needed.
- Identifying and recruiting other board members and volunteers. We want you to take an active role in growing our team.
- Ensuring CV’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects our values and the community we serve. CV values leading with compassion and sincerity, respect, and kindness. We strive to be equitable in our work, act as responsible stewards, and honor our traditions and culture while releasing those that no longer support serve us, the planet, and animals.
- Representing CV to stakeholders and acting as an ambassador for the organization. We are looking for board members excited to share their positive experiences with veganism and with their community.
About Casa Vegana de la Comunidad
Casa Vegana is a non-profit organization based in Puerto Rico. We are dedicated to providing accessible education about veganism.
Our mission is to foster and support a diverse vegan community that is well-informed, dedicated, and united, by delivering accessible education and guidance on veganism in Puerto Rico.
We aim to be the leading reference of vegan education in Puerto Rico, while striving to establish ourselves as a highly recognized and respected resource amongst the Spanish-speaking population worldwide.
We address important subjects such as plant-based nutrition, food justice, environmental conservation, and animal liberation.