At Charity Entrepreneurship we’re now accepting applications to the second edition of our Research Training Program.
This is an online program designed to equip participants with the tools and skills needed to identify, compare, and recommend the most effective charities, interventions, and organizations.
It is a full-time (35 hours per week), fully cost-covered program that will run remotely between April 15 and July 5, 2024, for 12 weeks. The deadline for applications is January 28, 2024.
What the program can offer you:
- Stipends to cover your living costs during, and potentially after, the program.
- Resources: A handbook on “How to do research for change” and access to our complete researcher’s toolkit, including templates, methodologies, and resource access.
- Growing your research portfolio: A portfolio of published intervention reports and charity evaluations shared with CE charities and other aligned organizations, making them decision-relevant.
- Certification in Intervention Comparison and Charity Impact Evaluation.
- Community: Connections with established researchers, fellow researchers, the CE team, and the wider CE community. Your work will also be directly shared with several of CE’s partner organizations, increasing your visibility for potential future job applications.
- Job search and application assistance to help you land a role in an impact-focused organization or research field. This also means accessing concrete opportunities within the EA ecosystem and the wider research community.
For whom the program is designed:
- Motivated researchers who want to produce trusted research outputs to improve effectiveness-minded organizations’ prioritization and allocation decisions.
- Early career individuals seeking to build their research toolkits and gain practical experience through tangible projects.
- Existing researchers in the broader Global Health and Well-being communities (global health, animal advocacy, mental health, health/biosecurity, etc.) are interested in approaching research from an effectiveness-minded perspective.
If you have any questions, the director of the program, Leonie Falk, will be running an information event with Q&A on January 18, 6 PM GMT/ 10 AM SF/ 1 PM NYC, so this is a great opportunity to get all the information you need before applying. You can register here to take part.
About Charity Entrepreneurship
Charity Entrepreneurship (CE) is a research and training program aimed at creating multiple high-impact charities annually with a focus on a number of cause areas, including animal advocacy. Our research and participants have led to the founding of multiple charities, including: Fish Welfare Initiative and Animal Advocacy Careers.