Job Title: Events Coordinator
Job Status: Part time, 20 hrs per week. Potential to grow to full time.
Immediate Supervisor: Sanctuary Director
Salary: $17 per hour
The Events Coordinator supports the sanctuary and its 150 rescued animal residents by organizing successful plant-based fundraising events of various sizes and audiences. This position is excellent for someone creative and it has high potential for growth!
Types of events may include:
- Plant-Based Winemaker Dinners
- 21+ Bar(n) Crawl fundraisers on site
- Holiday-themed events
- Events geared towards families and children.
- Annual Fancy Farmraiser Dinner and Auction
- Food Tech Showcases
- Representing Charlie’s Acres at offsite community events
Work with a Team
- Collaborate with Charlie’s Acres staff and volunteers to ensure guests are educated about the mission of Charlie’s Acres and are engaging in safe and respectful practices around the animals.
- Collaborate with Corporate Outreach Coordinator on corporate sponsorships of events, including fulfillment.
- Collaborate with Multimedia Coordinator and Programs Manager on marketing via social media, community calendars, and e-blasts.
- Collaborate with Sanctuary Director on marketing via press release.
- Conceptualizing, planning, and executing various fundraising events.
- Create registration pages for all upcoming events. Add pages to the website.
- Communicating event needs to volunteers and fellow staff members in advance of event. Be available during the event.
- Create signup shifts for volunteers and send a notification to volunteers.
- Responsible for ordering of all rentals, arranging pickup, and ensuring return. May coordinate with Facilities Team for pick-up/drop-off.
- Responsible for ordering any additional event-related items.
- Coordinate with, and be the contact person for the events caterer regarding menu/timing/setup/details etc.
- Answering emails related to events in a timely manner.
- Sell merchandise before and after events. Simple cash balancing.
- Coordinate any staff schedule changes needed due to an event with the Sanctuary Director
- Keep track of event prep and registration progress and communicate obstacles to the supervisor.
- Collaborate with Sanctuary Director on “Run of Show” at major events.
Record-keeping and Reporting
- Create a post-event report including all actors involved (staff, volunteers, corporate sponsors, vendors, etc.) and anecdotal thoughts on what worked and what didn’t. Include financial summaries showing the expenses, donations, and cost of labor for the event.
- Collaborate with Corporate Outreach Coordinator on financial reports for events, including the impact of corporate sponsors.
- Maintain a contact list of vendors.
- Develop key contacts to connect with and market each event
- Develop marketing materials for each event
- Collaborate with Sanctuary Director & Founder on marketing plan and execution for each event.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects at once.
- Availability to work weekends.
- Interest in working with a non-profit
- Knowledge and passion for farm animals, veganism and advocacy for the cause.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, problem solving abilities, good judgment, and an ability to work with a wide range of individuals, volunteers, donors, and organizations.
- Willingness to take on new tasks and enjoy flexibility.
- Experience working with staff and volunteers.
- Experience managing others a plus.
- Excellent oral and writing skills.
- Ability to work onsite in a flexible environment.
- Willing to flex schedule if needed to accommodate essential event.
- Strong competency with technology.
- Must be of legal drinking age and comfortable being at an event where alcohol is present.
About Charlie's Acres Farm Animal Sanctuary
Charlie’s Acres is a farm animal sanctuary that rescues farm animals that were abused or destined for slaughterhouses. The mission of the sanctuary is to educate people on the humane treatment of animals and plant-based food options through spending time with animals, attending vegan dinners, and going on tours of the sanctuary. We believe that positive changes for animals and for health can be made by anyone, even through small steps.
Charlie’s Acres is a 32 acre property in a popular wine tasting region in Sonoma county.