Tours & Community Outreach
- Lead tours for up to 20 people at one time, including children, corporate groups, and the general public.
- Lead virtual tours using iPad.
- Collaborate with Charlie’s Acres staff to ensure guests are educated about the mission of Charlie’s Acres and are engaging in safe and respectful practices around the animals.
- Lead groups in activities pertaining to Charlie’s Acres mission.
- Work alongside volunteers.
- Set up and clean up tour space.
- Sell merchandise before and after tours. Simple cash balancing.
Qualifications and Experience
- Availability to work weekends.
- Interest in working with a non-profit
- Knowledge and passion for farm animals, veganism and advocacy for the cause.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, problem solving abilities, good judgment, and an ability to work with a wide range of individuals, volunteers, donors, and organizations.
- Willingness to take on new tasks and enjoy flexibility.
- Team-building skills
- The highest level of personal and professional integrity and quality standards.
- Experience working with staff and volunteers.
- Experience managing others a plus.
- Excellent oral and writing skills.
- Ability to work onsite in a flexible environment.
- Willing to work holidays as needed and step in to cover employee shifts when applicable.
- Strong competency with technology.
About Charlie's Acres Farm Animal Sanctuary
Charlie’s Acres is a farm animal sanctuary that rescues farm animals that were abused or destined for slaughterhouses. The mission of the sanctuary is to educate people on the humane treatment of animals and plant-based food options through spending time with animals, attending vegan dinners, and going on tours of the sanctuary. We believe that positive changes for animals and for health can be made by anyone, even through small steps.
Charlie’s Acres is a 32 acre property in a popular wine tasting region in Sonoma county.