Cloud Twelve are building an elite team to become part of a ground-breaking new concept opening in Notting Hill. Already capturing the attention of the industry, Cloud Twelve is set to be a high profile, luxurious and unprecedented destination for beauty and wellbeing.
The head chef is integral to the smooth running of the food preparation and service areas of food offering of Cloud Twelve. Working closely with the Restaurant Manager and the F&B consultancy as well as directly managing a team of kitchen staff they will harness their natural people skills and passion for world-class service, ensuring that every customer has an exceptional experience. The role will require a thorough knowledge and passion for the concepts and ethos, as well as the ingredients and nutritional benefits of the dishes on offer. Cloud Twelve’s objective is to make wellness an all-encompassing process that includes, learning, sharing and relaxing alone or together as a family. In line with this philosophy, they are searching for people who wish to flourish both personally and professionally and who can embrace Cloud Twelve’s unique culture and offering.
The food at Cloud Twelve has been meticulously designed to be highly nutritious, serviceable, and 100% animal product free / vegan.
Main Purpose of the role
We require a Head Chef who is keen to manage a dynamic a la carte menu with emphasis on simple, yet perfectly executed dishes. The menu caters for infants through to adults with a focus on high quality ingredients and nutritional balance.
The role of Head Chef will suit an experienced, vibrant chef. It would be ideally suited to an experienced Sous Chef looking to progress to running their own kitchen as great care has already been taken in developing the opening menu offering.
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience at Sous Chef level.
- Have a minimum of 1 year’s experience in a London-based operation and a keen insight into London food trends.
- Possess all necessary skills and experience to manage your own kitchen, to include
- Staff rotas
- GP management
- Working to a budget
- Stock management
- Health and Safety management
1. To comply with Health and Safety regulations at all times. This relates to:
- Standards and procedures of correct working practices
- The completion of risk assessments
- COSHH regulations
2. To control wastage and operate according to company policy with regard to:
- product control and waste minimisation
- proper care and maintenance of equipment to prolong its life
- proper separation and disposal of cardboard, paper and glass in recycling bins
- minimising energy wastage by switching off unused lights, heating, PCs and equipment
3. To be an ambassador for Cloud Twelve, taking personal responsibility for ensuring that both you and your team are knowledgeable about our products and services and at all times striving to represent the club in the most professional, courteous and efficient manner possible.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Feedback from all internal and external customers regarding service provided.
- Financial targets are met or exceeded.
- General presentation of the site.
- Contribution towards minimising energy costs and maximising useable recycled waste.
- Successful working relationships with staff and demonstration of positive and motivated attitude.
- Completion of work as requested in a timely manner and to a high standard.
- Appropriate communication with all stakeholders.
- Excellent communicator
- Works well under pressure
- Customer service focused (internal and external)
- Organised, systematic and process driven
- Excellent attention to detail
Hours of Work:
Fluctuating dependent on the needs of the business. Expected average of 45 hours per 7 days with early finishes due to club opening times.
Flexibility toward weekend and evening working is a pre-requisite of this employment.
About Cloud Twelve Club Ltd
Cloud Twelve is a one-of-a-kind wellness and lifestyle club in the heart of Notting Hill, extending over three floors with an interactive play and learn zone for families with children, indulgent spa, luxury salon, nutritionally focused brasserie and a holistic wellness clinic - all under one roof for you to enjoy. 100% Plant-based