We require a Commis Chef who is keen to help manage a dynamic back operated buffet style and a la carte menu with emphasis on simple, yet perfectly executed dishes. The menu caters for infants through to adults with a focus on high quality ingredients and nutritional balance.
The role of Commis will suit an enthusiastic, vibrant chef. It would be ideally suited to an experienced Kitchen Assistant looking to progress with their experience and training as a professional chef, with an interest in plant based nutrition.
· Have a minimum of 1 years kitchen experience at Commis level.
· Have a minimum of 1 year’s experience in a London-based operation and a keen insight into London food trends.
· Possess all necessary skills and experience to assist the team in managing the kitchen, to include:
o Food preparation
o Cleaning and hygiene
o Stock management
o Health and Safety
o Kitchen Portering (when required)
1. To comply with Health and Safety regulations at all times. This relates to:
· Standards and procedures of correct working practices
· The completion of risk assessments
· COSHH regulations
2. To control wastage and operate according to company policy with regard to:
· product control and waste minimisation
· proper care and maintenance of equipment to prolong its life
· proper separation and disposal of cardboard, paper and glass in recycling bins
· minimising energy wastage by switching off unused lights, heating, PCs and equipment
3. To be an ambassador for Cloud Twelve, taking personal responsibility for ensuring that you are knowledgeable about our products and services and at all times striving to represent the club in the most professional, courteous and efficient manner possible.
· Excellent communicator
· Works well under pressure
· Customer service focused (internal and external)
· Organised, systematic and process driven
· Excellent attention to detail
Hours of Work:
· Fluctuating dependent on the needs of the business. Expected average of 40 hours per 7 days with early finishes due to club opening times.
· Flexibility toward weekend and evening working is a pre-requisite of this employment.
1. 20 day paid holiday per annum
2. Pension contribution
3. Company supplied uniform
4. Discounts on services & products within the Club
5. Training/educational opportunities
6. Professional/career growth opportunities
7. Flexibility in rota, subject to confirmation from management
8. Exceptional working conditions – state of the art premises and dedicated staff room
9. An opportunity be part of an exciting new concept
Conditions of Employment
This Job Description is not intended as a complete inventory of all the activities the post holder would be expected to undertake. The post holder is required to comply with all the company’s policies and procedures and to meet his/her responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act. This Job Description will be subject to review and change in light of future developments.
About Cloud Twelve
Cloud Twelve is a one-of-a-kind wellness and lifestyle club in the heart of Notting Hill, extending over three floors with an interactive play and learn zone for families with children, indulgent spa, luxury salon, nutritionally focused, plant based brasserie and a holistic wellness clinic - all under one roof.