Hours – 45 hours – 48 hours ( per week average )
Location: Brixton, London
Pay – £14 – £16.50 per hour
We are looking for a passionate & fun Restaurant Manager to join our team at our newest Club Mexicana site!
This is an amazing opportunity to get involved in a lively, buzzy restaurant. Focused on delivering the best service in London, with the best vegan Mexican food on earth.
As a company we have a huge passion for creating great opportunities for great people. Smashing down the old school hospitality boundaries and creating a fully inclusive safe space welcome to all, work life balance and a whole lot of laughs!
We are from a street food background – so are looking for someone who will thrive in an “organised chaos “ kind of atmosphere, championing incredible and personable customer service at all times and keeping up with the pace! We move fast!
What will your job entail? –
- A very hands on approach – working closely with the Floor and Kitchen team on a shift by shift basis – serving tables, greeting and seating guests and in time.. rolling the odd burrito
- We encourage cross training across all areas of the restaurant – you will not only be working and managing the floor – we will get you up to speed with the food and how to make it so you can jump in to help in the busy times – one team one dream!
- You will be responsible for the day-to-day running’s of the restaurant – setting up the restaurant and your team for success and leading them through busy services.
- You will be working a range of day and evening shifts each week, including weekends, amounting to around 45-48 hours per week.
- Your primary goal will be to inspire your team & develop new and existing members – we believe this is the way to achieve exceptional customer service.
Restaurant experience is essential to join our team in this role.
Management experience is preferred but not essential. We have a strong team of driven individuals ready to train you on how to be a great leader. It is a great place to start your management journey.
All we need from you is the drive and the passion to learn new things and be ready to take on the responsibility of assisting to run one of our busiest sites.
If you have any experience with the following, then you are on to a winner –
- Reservation and booking systems – such as Seven Rooms, Open table, Design Resy
- EPOS systems – such as Aloha, Lightspeed, Goodtill
- Food and Beverage Management Systems – such as Market Man or Fourth
- Scheduling and HR systems – Such as Planday, Fourth, Deputy
We also have a bunch of perks we offer our team and are always looking for new things we can offer.
Current perks include:
- Access and training provided via Flow – all certificates are paid for by us at no cost to you and are yours to keep
- Free Food – Free meal and soft drink per shift
- Wagestream – A financial wellbeing app which can be used for managing money and advances
- A paid day off on your birthday!
- Finder’s Fee – Recommend a friend and receive a £200 bonus!
- Invitation to our Vitality Health Insurance Programme – a selection of private health care facilities, to support your physical and mental health and wellbeing.
If you think this sounds like a bit of you … get in touch J
About Club Mexicana
Our background is in pop-up parties and feeding the UK’s biggest music festivals. Led by one of London’s hottest movers and shakers, Meriel Armitage. We launched our first full restaurant in Soho back in August 2020, then launched out biggest yet in Shoreditch in 2022
We have lots of exciting projects in the pipeline including new sites, markets and festivals!
Our Mexican food is 100% vegan but, more importantly, bloody delicious! Paired with one of our signature margaritas or a flight of tequilas, it’s a whole lot of fun.