We are looking for a Chef de Partie to join our awesome team at our central prep kitchen that services our three London sites, including London’s first 100% vegan pub, and our festivals and events.
As a dynamic and rapidly expanding company, you will have the opportunity to grow with us, learn new skills, and work with our events and festivals teams for high profile clients such as Google and Glastonbury.
Club Mexicana is at the forefront of a new wave of eating and a re-defining vegan food. We are featured in almost every list of London’s best vegan places to eat. We won best vegan dish in London and ate ranked Number 1 in London’s Best Street Food, by Time Out. Our founder was recently voted #2 in Time Out’s ‘Most Influential Londoners’ in recognition of the direction Club Mexicana is taking vegan food in this city.
We are looking for a Chef de Partie with the ambition to develop your skills and experience working with the most exciting & innovative food in London. We run an exciting, inspiring and fun kitchen, and are looking for an individual with lots of energy, enthusiasm and initiative.
You will work under the Head Chef in a small team, working closely with our Exec Chef. You will supervise the Commis Chef and the Kitchen Porter, giving you lots of opportunity to learn quickly, develop your leadership skills, and take the next steps in your career as a chef. You will have busy kitchen and service experience. You will help maintain the efficient running of the kitchen, whilst ensuring the highest standards of food hygiene and safety at all times.
You will be able to focus under pressure and always maintain a cool head. Positive vibes and a can-do attitude are essential to us.
This role is not a service based role, although you will be given the opportunity to work in service at one of our locations.
The hours are daytime & weekday focussed but will involved evening a weekend work in our busy summer season.
– 2 years (min) kitchen experience
– Working with food under chef instruction
– A love and passion for food & cooking
– Working within a HACCP food management system
– Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate or above
– Working in a fast paced environment
– Have a positive team player attitude
– Have a passion for food and cooking
– Possess the ability to work well under pressure
– Have the drive and passion to impress your sous chef, head chef and our customers
– Have great communication skills
– Have the ability to manage your workload without be overly supervised
– Be a well organised and diligent person who can prioritise the needs of the kitchen whilst at work
– Have the stamina & determination to work very hard and over long hours
Your duties will include:
– Preparing food as per the instruction of Head Chef
– Learning how to prep all of the Club Mexicana menus items
– Producing the highest standard food in conjunction with the Head & Sous Chefs
– Supervision of junior staff members
– To provide a friendly, courteous and professional attitude at all times
– Maintaining a good working relationship with your kitchen team and wider colleagues
– To arrive at work on time and in accordance of your rota
– To ensure efficient and accurate use of produce and equipment in and around the kitchen by you, your Commis and your KP
– To adhere to all company policies/fire and emergency procedures
– To attend training sessions and courses as and when required
– To understand the operational set up and principle of Club Mexicana
– Uniform provided
– Food hygiene training
– Opportunity for fast career progression with a rapidly growing business
– 28 days paid holiday
– Company pension scheme
– Free meals at work and discounted food & drinks at all Club Mexicana locations
– Regular team social events
– 2 days off a week
– 40-48 hours per week
– Pay dependent on experience, ranging from £9.50 -£10.50 per hour
Club Mexicana is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
All applicants must be able to legally work & live in the UK.