We are looking for someone to join our Covent Garden team in the role of Kitchen Assistant. We are located within Seven Dials Market, London’s biggest food hall, and operate a busy 30 seat restaurant.
Featured in almost every list of London’s best vegan & Mexican places to eat; Club Mexicana is one of the most exciting and innovative food businesses in this city.
This is a really good entry level role with an awesome food business, who’s focus is on people. We prioritise the learning and development of our teams and you would very much be a part of that. As a result we are looking for people who are passionate about food and service and are looking for the right opportunity, with a great company, and are in the early stages of their career in food.
We are looking for a hardworking, team-player who is dedicated, professional and flexible to support our brilliant team. You must have good timekeeping, lots of energy, be able to stay on your feet all day/night and enjoy working in a busy and noisy environment. Your main responsibility is to support the team- if you are always on time, happy and smiley, and have bags of energy then this is the job for you!
You will be both back of house and customer facing, so talking to people should not scare you.
Working evenings and weekends is required. Positive vibes and a can-do attitude are essential to us.
Your duties will include:
- The cleaning of the kitchen, kitchen utensils and equipment used for the preparation and serving of food.
- Helping the team to clean the site at the end of every day
- Ensure wash room is clean and tidy throughout the shift. Cleaning of walls, floor, sink area and prep bench.
- Carrying out food preparation when necessary. Washing, slicing, chopping and reheating ingredients.
- Helping to ensure the smooth running of service by keeping station gastros replenished and backups in the fridge are ready for use.
- Using initiative and following the company’s food hygiene policies and procedures at all times to ensure food safety.
What we give you:
- Level 2 Food Hygiene Training provided to successful applicants
- Opportunity for career progression with a rapidly growing business
- Uniform provided
- Paid holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Free meals at work and discounted food & drinks at all Club Mexicana locations
- Access to our Club Mexicana Health Essentials, giving many discount and benefits, including online GP appointments, gym membership discounts and cinema tickets.
Pay: £9 per hour
Club Mexicana is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
All applicants must be able to legally work & live in the UK.
About Club Mexicana
Club Mexicana is one of London's most exciting and innovative food businesses, that also just happens to be vegan. We currently run three successful sites and deliver a packed events and festivals programme.