Role – Sous Chef
Hours – 45 – 48 (per week average)
Location: Shoreditch, London
Pay – £12 – £13, depending on experience + approx £2-4 more in tips per hour extra from our Tronc scheme! That’s an annual salary equivalent of £33,000-£36,000.
We are looking for a passionate & energetic Sous Chef to join our team at our newest & biggest Club Mexicana site in Shoreditch.
This is an amazing opportunity to get involved in a lively, buzzy restaurant. Focused on delivering the best service in London, with the best vegan Mexican food on earth.
As a company we have a huge passion for creating great opportunities for great people. Smashing down the old school hospitality boundaries and creating a fully inclusive safe space welcome to all, work life balance and a whole lot of laughs!
We are from a street food background – so are looking for someone who will thrive in an “organised chaos“ kind of atmosphere, championing a new and refreshing 2023 approach to running a kitchen.
What will your job entail? –
- Working closely with your Head Chef – offering support and helping to inspire and develop new and existing members of the team.
- Leading the kitchen through busy services – working closely with the front of house team to deliver the most beautiful food in good time.
- The day-to-day set up, running and closedown of the kitchen.
- Working with your team to maintain the highest standard of food safety, site cleanliness and correct due diligence.
- You will be working a range of day and evening shifts each week, including weekends, amounting to around 45-48 hours per week.
- We give all team members the opportunity and encourage cross training across all areas of the restaurant. Fluidity across the whole team and everyone respecting and understanding each other roles is very important to us – one team one dream!
Experience working in a kitchen is essential to join our team in this role.
Sous Chef experience is preferred but not essential. We have a strong team of driven individuals ready to train you on how to be a great leader. It is a great place to start your management journey.
All we need from you is the drive and the passion to learn new things and be ready to take on the responsibility of assisting to run our biggest kitchen in our newest site.
If you have any experience with the following, then you are on to a winner –
- Running the pass on busy services
- Food and Beverage Management Systems – such as Market Man or Fourth
- Conducting accurate stock takes
- Placing orders – working with par levels and closely with our supplier including our own production kitchen
- Scheduling and HR systems – Such as Planday, Fourth, Deputy
We also have a bunch of perks we offer our team and are always looking for new things we can offer.
Current perks include:
- Access and training provided via Flow – all certificates are paid for by us at no cost to you and are yours to keep
- Free Food – Free meal and soft drink per shift
- Wagestream – A financial wellbeing app which can be used for managing money and advances
- A paid day off on your birthday!
- Finder’s Fee – Recommend a friend and receive a £200 bonus!
- Invitation to our Vitality Health Insurance Programme – a selection of private health care facilities, to support your physical and mental health and wellbeing.
If you think this sounds like a bit of you … get in touch 🙂
About Club Mexicana
Our background is in pop-up parties and feeding the UK’s biggest music festivals. Led by one of London’s hottest movers and shakers, Meriel Armitage. We launched our first full restaurant in Soho back in August 2020, then launched out biggest yet in Shoreditch in 2022
We have lots of exciting projects in the pipeline including new sites, markets and festivals!
Our Mexican food is 100% vegan but, more importantly, bloody delicious! Paired with one of our signature margaritas or a flight of tequilas, it’s a whole lot of fun.