Street Food Chefs – we need you! Join our awesome team !
This role will be at our brand new site, that is part of a large new food hall operated by KERB. This is not a traditional chef role! This site is a fusion between street food (our original passion) and restaurant. It will operate on a casual street food basis, with an open kitchen, but we will also serve a selection of drinks, offer table service and elevate everything we do to the next level. With this new central London project, we’re aiming to step street food in London up a notch!
We are looking for someone who wants to further their career in food and hospitality with one of the most exciting & innovative street food companies in London. Club Mexicana is at the forefront of a new wave of eating and is re-defining vegan food and its perception. We are featured in almost every list of London’s best vegan places to eat, won best vegan dish in London, and is currently ranked Number 1 in London’s Best Street Food, by Time Out. Our founder, Meriel, was recently voted number 2 in Time Out’s ‘Most Influential Londoners’ in recognition of the direction Club Mexicana is taking vegan food in this city.
We’re looking for a hardworking, passionate person with great energy, enthusiasm and initiative to be part of our Covent Garden team. You will ideally have catering and hospitality experience. You will be partly responsible, alongside your team, for the smooth and efficient running of the stall, for maintaining exceptional standards of food quality and food hygiene, and for delivering excellent customer service.
Working evenings and weekends is part of the job. Positive vibes and a can-do attitude are essential to us! If you want to work by old fashioned rules and hierachy- then this is not the place for you!
Experience & training required:
– Busy hospitality experience (ideally 1 year minimum)
– Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate (we can provide training if you don’t have this)
– Have worked in a fast paced environment
– Have a positive, friendly team player attitude
– Have a passion for food and cooking
– Ability to provide great customer service and have great communication skills
– Able to work well under pressure
– Be a well organised and diligent person who can prioritise tasks
Your duties will include:
– Setting up and closing down the stall.
– Serving exceptional vegan food ensuring the highest standards of food quality and presentation
– Taking orders and payments from customers
– Providing a friendly, courteous and professional service at all times in conjunction with your team
– Ensuring the correct completion of due diligence records
– Free food hygiene training
– Opportunity for career progression with a rapidly growing business
– Paid holiday
– Company pension scheme
– Free meals at work and discounted food & drinks at all Club Mexicana locations
– Regular team social events
Pay: £9 – £11 per hour, dependent on experience & skills
All applicants must be able to legally work & live in the UK.